The Sims: SuperstarEdit
Paparazzi will only appear on Studio Town lots, and have the potential to earn Sims some fame if they are lucky enough. Sims can either choose to pose for a picture or do a publicity stunt. If Sims choose to pose for a picture, they will walk up to the paparazzi and begin flexing their muscles. If the Sim chooses to do a publicity stunt, they will start juggling in front of the paparazzi. If the paparazzi is interested, they will snap a few pictures, and the Sim will gain a few fame points if they are in the fame career. If the paparazzi is disinterested with the Sim, they will simply ignore them and walk away.
The Sims 3: Late NightEdit
Paparazzi are very much a part of the lives of celebrities, taking pictures of and spreading rumors about them. Paparazzi are only drafted from the pool of homeless Sims; otherwise, they are randomly generated homeless Sims. In some cases, like in Sunset Valley , they can become unemployed neighbors.
Paparazzi can appear anywhere at anytime, and are most often seen outside of clubs. They may sneak into a celebrity's home if the gates and/or doors are unlocked. Celebrity Sims may also gain a positive moodlet if they are the center of attention of the paparazzi. However, the Sim may be Publicly Disgraced if a paparazzo/paparazza catches a Sim having an affair, skinny dipping, WooHooing with an occult etc., and can sue them for slander. Suing a Sim will cost money, and if the case is lost, all the money invested will be lost with it. However, if a Sim wins the case, they will make a large profit.
The Sims 4: Get FamousEdit
Paparazzi return once again in The Sims 4: Get Famous. They appear along with celebrity Sims higher than B-Lister and will follow them around and take pictures whenever possible. Celebrities can "Pose for Paparazzi" which gives them a confident moodlet and a better public image. Sims who are mischievous can even "Gesture Wildly at Paparazzi". If Sims find them bothersome, they can ask them to leave or bribe them §500 to leave. More aggressive Sims can fight or threaten the paparazzi. Vampires can also hypnotize the paparazzi, stunning them for long enough to allow them to get away.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
- Sims cannot ask paparazzi to leave if they appear on residential lots.
- Strangely, the Sims cannot have paparazzi arrested, even if the paparazzi enters their home. This might be an oversight by the developers, as this is considered trespassing.
- Celebrities can welcome the paparazzi, but they might expose their private life, such as affairs.[confirmation needed]
- Sims can bribe paparazzi by a kiss or WooHoo.
- When two paparazzi spawn outside the gate of a house, they often talk to each other.
- Celebrities can draw attention from paparazzi.
- Paparazzi will follow children to school if they are celebrities, though they don't enter the building.
- Paparazzi can sneak in celebrity homes, parties and clubs (if bouncers aren't looking or gates/doors are unlocked)
- Paparazzi tend to visit exclusive parties in the neighborhoods. They will take a few pictures, talk to a few guests at the party and then leave. Sims cannot get rid of the Paparazzi once they arrive at the party.
- Paparazzi will usually stalk and look inside the windows, disturbing the Sims inside.