Olive Specter (née Muenda, previously Thanasia and Mortis ) is one of the pre-created, playable Sims that ships with The Sims 2 game. She and her niece, teen Ophelia Nigmos, reside in the Specter household in the neighborhood of Strangetown. Olive is a many-time widow - her many husbands included Hugh Thanasia, Rigger Mortis, and Ichabod Specter (all are deceased before the game begins). She was also left at the altar by Earl E. DeMise, who died soon after.
Olive shares her eerie, haunted home with her sister's daughter. Her sister, Willow Nigmos and husband, Creon Nigmos are both deceased; their deaths the result of Drowning. She is the daughter of Lerato Muenda and Peponi Muenda, both also of Strangetown, who both perished as a result of Fire. There are also a number of other people buried in Olive's backyard along with family and former husbands - some of them are service people (maids, delivery people, etc.). Olive did WooHoo with none other than the Grim Reaper; suggesting Olive had more than a passing relationship with death. Oddly enough, when you get the Paranormal career reward in the University expansion pack and you call the Grim Reaper, he tells you that Olive doesn't know anybody who has died!
Olive also had a son - Nervous Subject - who was taken away by the Social Worker. There is no record of Nervous' father in the family tree, though some say it is the Grim Reaper. Nervous, now an Adult, currently resides at the Beaker residence with adopted parents Loki Beaker and Circe Beaker. Everyone expects Olive's money to be inherited by Ophelia following her death, but, surprisingly, the wad of cash is inherited by Nervous Subject.
She dislikes General Buzz Grunt, whose ex-wife died on Olive's lot soon after leaving the Grunt household. Even though they dislike each other, General Buzz will always come around to her lot if he is invited over immediately. This slightly proves the theory that Olive is a murderer, because if they don't like each other, Buzz could be her next victim.
There is also a room next to the kitchen that has no objects in it. It could be possible that that is the 'killing room'.
Olive's memory connections
If one studies the chronology of Olive's memories, it is apparent that she gave birth to her son Nervous after she had aged into an elder. Olive did WooHoo with the Grim Reaper after she became an elder. If one believes the theory that Grim Reaper is Nervous' father, that would mean that Olive got pregnant after she became an elder.
Olive's graveyard is full of dead Sims. Many of them have names that are related to death (Euthanasia, Early Demise, Rigor Mortis, etc.) There are many theories about Olive, and many unknown questions. How did all these people die in Olive's lot? A very few think perhaps before the game was in stores many Sims died. Here are some theories. Her surname, Specter, is also related to death, as a specter is the ghost of a person
- Olive's name might be a play on the phrase "I love Specter" possibly showing her love of the Grim Reaper.
- Olive's name could also be a play on "o-live", as in an 'alive Specter', or a live ghost - possibly again a relation to the Grim Reaper
- Olive, along with Herb and Coral Oldie, are the only living sims in The Sims 2 base game that do not have grandparents in their family tree.
- Olive seems to have an obsession with death. An example would be her choice of (possible) victims, Earl E.Demise(Early Demise), Rigger Mortis (Rigor mortis, the act of muscles stiffening after death),Tim Lee Demise (Timely Demise) Lou Thanasia and Hugh Thanasia (Both puns on Euthanasia, the act of ending a life painlessly), etc. She also WooHooed with the Grim Reaper.
- She has no eyebrows, a trait usually associated with deceased Sims. Most players change her appearance to give her eyebrows, though.
- On the official The Sims 2 website, sometimes in the news they would make reference to Olive Specter's cemetery, but they call it Olive's garden. Sometimes it is called Olive's garden in-game also. Maybe that is a reference to Olive Garden, which is thought to be a favorite restaurant for some of the game creators.
- Without the use of cheats or the Elixir of Life, Olive typically dies of old age after about 2 days, the same day Ophelia becomes an adult.