Music and dance is one of the hobbies in The Sims 2: FreeTime. Its secret lot is My Muse - Music & Dance Studio. Having an outgoing or serious personality will raise the enthusiasm for this hobby faster.
Music and dance are great pastimes. Sims can play instruments, listen to music or try different types of dances, all of which will increase their enthusiasm for this wonderful hobby. High creativity makes it easier for Sims to gain enthusiasm in this area.
Activities[edit | edit source]
Activities that raise a Sim's enthusiasm in music and dance are:
Available to toddlers:
Available to children and up:
- Watching the SimStation Dance channel
- Classic dancing[TS2:AL]
- Playing piano
- Playing synthesizer or violin[TS2:FT]
- Listening to music or an instrument
- Warming up on the ballet barre[TS2:FT]
- Doing ballet exercises[TS2:FT]
- Singing karaoke[TS2:NL]
- Singing on microphone[TS2:AL]
- Reading the Music and Culture section of the newspaper or the ... and Headphones magazine[TS2:FT]
- Browsing web about music and dance[TS2:FT]
- Blogging about music and dance[TS2:FT]
- Dreaming about music and dance
Available to teens and up:
- Entering a dance contest[TS2:FT]
- Playing guitar, bass, or drums[TS2:U]
- Doing freestyle dance[TS2:U]
- Doing fire dance[TS2:BV]
- Doing break dance[TS2:AL]
- Listening to MP3 player[TS2:U]
- Singing rowdy folk song[TS2:NL]
- Slow dancing[TS2:NL]
- Dance kissing[TS2:AL]
- Being a DJ[TS2:NL]
Unlockable Interactions[edit | edit source]
Gaining enthusiasm in this hobby can unlock these interactions:
- "Talk about Music & Dance"
- "Read Section ... Music and Culture" in newspaper
- "Share Hobby Tips About Music & Dance" with a Sim
- "Browse Web About Music & Dance"
- "Blog about Music & Dance" on the computer
- "Instruct in Music & Dance"
- "Be in the Zone"
After maximizing enthusiasm in this hobby, the "Ballet Exercises" interaction is unlocked on the Basic Barre.
Titles[edit | edit source]
- Uninspired Underling
- Foot Tapper
- Rhythm Junkie
- Groove Master
- One with the Beat
Special Effects[edit | edit source]
Sims in the zone will get a special effect when doing certain activities. Sims who play violin or piano will change into formal wear and hear audible clapping. Sims also hear audible clapping and piano music playing while using the ballet barre. They may also appear to be in a spotlight while performing these activities.
The "idle" animations for this hobby include sounds, such as whistling, humming, clapping, and thigh-slapping. These sounds may play even when a Sim is not visibly performing the animation.
Hobby Instructors[edit | edit source]