|Locals have enjoyed the healing hot springs of Mt. Komorebi for centuries. Now, thanks to the modern snow sports resort in Yukimatsu, everyone else can, too! The region has become a hotspot for tourists looking for a vacation that's equal parts relaxing and adventurous. With so many new visitors, there have been a lot of changes to the rolling forests that surround Mt. Komorebi. Hopefully, the area will be able to maintain the charm that drew so many Sims to it in the first place.|
|Game||The Sims 4: Snowy Escape|
Mt. Komorebi is a world introduced in The Sims 4: Snowy Escape. It is based on two Japanese islands, Honshū and Hokkaido. It features both residential lots, as well as rental lots for vacationing.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The mountain town of Yukimatsu is a snowy escape for skiing, snowboarding, sledding, and rock climbing
After a fun (or painful?) day of frolicking in the snow, relax and recover in the Onsen's healing hot springs
Mountain Climbing Excursion
Plan a group Excursion and attempt to reach the summit of Mt. Komorebi
Neighborhoods[edit | edit source]
Mt. Komorebi consists of three different neighborhoods. 
- Like its namesake, Wakaba is young, new, and bright as the leaves of a tree in early springtime. This small town is up-and-coming in the region, home to beautiful, sleek new homes and an attractive town center featuring Mt. Komorebi’s official mascot: Yamachan. Tourists of all ages can enjoy the Festival of Youth, or simply take in the neighborhood’s natural beauty.
- Senbamachi, the town of a thousand leaves, is the oldest in the region. Many locals enjoy the town’s connection to nature, especially with the bamboo forests surrounding the town and unique spritely creatures that make a home in their leaves. It's said that if you walk the local trails long enough, you’re bound to meet the guardians of the trees who reward those who love and respect their dwelling.
- The true beauty of the countryside can be seen from Yukimatsu, named for its snow-covered pines. Located on the slopes of Mt. Komorebi, this area offers gorgeous vacation rentals, a variety of snow sports, untamed wilderness, and a peaceful Onsen Bathhouse getaway. Whether it's relaxation in a hot spring, seeing the sights of the Snow Festival, or an exhilarating climb to Mt. Komorebi's highest peak, this year-round snowy wonderland has something for everyone.
Lots[edit | edit source]
Residential Lots[edit | edit source]
Inhabited[edit | edit source]
All owned lots are considered households.
- 2-5-1 Wakabamori, owned by Ito
- 5-3-1 Shinrinyoku, owned by Akiyama
- 5-6-1 Shinrinyoku, owned by Nishidake
Uninhabited[edit | edit source]
Empty Lots[edit | edit source]
Rental Lots[edit | edit source]
Community Lots[edit | edit source]
- Hanamigawa Koen - Park
- Hazakura Lounge - Lounge
- Izakaya Ipai - Bar
- Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse - Onsen bathhouse
Hidden Lots[edit | edit source]
Families[edit | edit source]
New Families[edit | edit source]
- Akiyama family 5-6-1 Shinrinyoku
- Jenna Akiyama, Kado Akiyama, Taku Akiyama, Miki Akiyama
- The Akiyamas moved away from the hustle and bustle of the city to the quiet town where Kado was raised. The commute will be a sacrifice, but Jenna and Kado hope the close-knit community and beautiful natural atmosphere of the region will be worth it. Kado was surprised at the recent news that his childhood sweetheart, Megumi Ito had also moved back to Mt. Komorebi. He'd love nothing more to leave the past in the past, but the pieces of his broken teenaged heart are still tender.
- Ito family 2-5-1 Wakabamori
- Naoki Ito, Megumi Ito, Kiyoshi Ito, Nanami Ito
- Megumi Ito grew up in Senbamachi. A gold medalist skier, she aims to give her children the same upbringing, but memories of an old flame might drive her to distraction. Naoki Ito is a former medalist himself. A calculating businessman, his controversial vision of Mt. Komorebi includes more tourism, more money, and modernization. Nanami and Kiyoshi have their parents' athletic talent, but their hearts lie elsewhere. Nanami just wants to be a kid and Kiyoshi is crushing on more than the slopes...
- Nishidake family 5-3-1 Shinrinyoku
- Shigeru Nishidake, Sachiko Nishidake, Kaori Nishidake
- Rumor says that the Nishidake family are sacred guardians of Mt. Komorebi. Indeed, Shigeru fumes over the Ito family's local development plans. Sachiko, however, feels warmly toward Megumi due to an old friendship with the young woman's mom. Plus, she knows what's in her granddaughter's heart... Kaori moved to Mt. Komorebi after losing her parents. She soon discovered two loves: the slopes, and the son of her grandfather's sworn enemy! If she had one wish, she'd melt her grandfather's hardened heart.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Yamachan (Town Mascot)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Komorebi" (木漏れ日) is a Japanese phrase that means "sunlight streaming through trees".
- Mt. Komorebi is the first world in The Sims series for Sims to be able to live and vacation in, having both the residential and rental lot assignments. However, the base game patch released alongside Snowy Escape also allows Sims to vacation in any other residential world.
- According to legend, Mt. Komorebi is a sleeping dragon encased in ice and snow. In ancient times villagers used to set offerings in gratitude for the home the dragon provides 
- Mt. Komorebi is the first world in The Sims 4 to experience weather (snow and thundersnow) without Seasons, with Yukimatsu being the first neighborhood in The Sims 4 to experience weather without Seasons.
- Mt. Komorebi is the first world in The Sims 4 (outside of Del Sol Valley) to have celebrities (Megumi and Naoki Ito) inhabit it at the start of the game.
- Mt. Komorebi is the third world in The Sims 4 (after Sulani and Britechester) to have swimmable bodies of water.
- Mt. Komorebi is the first world to have all lots built by Simmers (Deligracy, James Turner, Lilsimsie, and Simlicy), but the second world to have a lot built by Simmers (after Evergreen Harbor).
- The Nishidake family (and Kaori in particular) is a reference to the SSX franchise as seen by Kaori's innate 7 Snowboarding skill and birthplace in Hokkaido.
- Mt. Komorebi has a lot of romantic tension going on between the pre-made Sims. The relationship between Kaori Nishidake and Kiyoshi Ito is similar to that of Juliette Capp and Romeo Monty from The Sims 2, since they both come from feuding families, and there is a love quadrangle of sorts between Megumi Ito, Naoki Ito, Jenna Akiyama and Kado Akiyama.
- Children and teens living in Mt. Komorebi will wear school uniforms to school.
- Mt. Komorebi is the first world to have cars drive on the left side.
- Every pre-made Sim living in Mt. Komorebi has the Chopstick Savvy reward trait, except for Yamachan.
- Mt Komorebi is the second world to have weather without the need of a seasonal-based expansion pack, the first being Vacation Island. This excludes Riverblossom Hills, which came with The Sims 2: Seasons, which ultimately gave the player weather.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mentioned in description of Mountain Lore Shelf object from The Sims 4: Snowy Escape