|Eye color||Light Blue|
|Game||The Sims 2: Nightlife|
The Crumplebottoms from The Sims: Hot Date and The Sims 2 Nightlife are not the same Sims, but distant relatives. Instead, Agnes Crumplebottom was the Crumplebottom present in The Sims: Hot Date.
Mrs. CrumpleBottom is a very old-fashioned, stern, and strict woman who appears to abide by a moral code from the Victorian Era. She detests when two Sims have any romantic interactions in public. When Mrs. CrumpleBottom sees any of these actions taking place on a community lot, she will promptly scold the Sims or beat them with her purse. If a Sim innocently wanders out in his/her underwear or bathing suit, she will repeatedly lecture them until he/she changes back into his/her everyday clothes. This could be an issue if the player makes a public pool as a Downtown lot. Mrs. CrumpleBottom loves to knit, and she will usually knit as an idle animation when she's not doing anything; in fact, it was revealed that knitting utensils are one of the many things inside of her purse, others including lint, stones, and a portrait of her great aunt.
Mrs. CrumpleBottom's behaviors are fixed and cannot be changed. Her behavior will not change even if she is added to a playable household with the Tombstone of Life and Death (which will cause game corruption and is not recommended). Regardless of any personality edits done in-game, she will continue to lecture Sims for showing affection, showing too much skin, or slacking off.
Despite being an NPC, she is treated as an object by the game. Moreover, her game data is located in the objects.package in the game files. As a result, it is not possible for the player character to initiate conversations with her. Any attempt to interact with her will result in the Sim being lectured. Mrs. CrumpleBottom can be bitten by a vampire, upon which she will have the same stricken gesture as any other bitten Sim, however she does not fully to a vampire and will retain her current appearance. As this autonomous interaction alters the objects.package file, game corruption will occur to the current and every subsequent neighborhood that also has a Downtown; this can only be resolved by reinstalling the game.
If the player has The Sims 2: Seasons expansion pack, a Sim may wish for Romance from a wishing well. There is a chance that the wish will fail, thus causing Mrs. CrumpleBottom to crawl out of the well and hit the Sim with her purse. If she attacks the Sim, they may be furious with her if she wins.
Preventing the Purse
There are six known ways to avoid Mrs. CrumpleBottom:
- Don't go Downtown. Sims don't have to go out for a date. A cozy night at home can be every bit as satisfying as a night out. Since Mrs. CrumpleBottom can't go onto private property without the use of cheats (or a Wishing Well romance wish fail), Sims can show as much affection as they desire without the risk of being beaten with a purse or scolded. This will also save money because they don't need to buy a car, call a taxi, or build a garage. This is not always the best choice, especially if a Sim wants to go out.
- Special Sims introduced with Nightlife (such as Grand Vampires and Mrs. CrumpleBottom) only appear in Downtown. So, if there is a club or a public swimming pool in the main neighborhood or a shopping district[TS2:OFB], she won't appear.
- If Sims do go Downtown for a date, have them go to a bowling alley, a nightclub with a bar, or a lot with at least one poker table. Although Mrs. CrumpleBottom is mean and cranky, she still likes fun, as well as drinks. Sims can be WooHooing right in front of her and she won't care as long as she is bowling, drinking or playing poker. See the Distractions section below.
- Cancel her action before she can complete it. She is an old woman, so she is slow. While she is walking toward your Sim(s), X out her action by clicking on it. It is a picture of her at the top left corner. If she is running toward them, pause the game and X out her action. Try to overwrite it by making the Sim(s) do something else like talk to each other. She will still yell at them, but they won't notice because of the action they are doing at the moment.
- Use boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true, then use force error on her. This cheat can be used to delete her from the lot. Unfortunately, doing that doesn't ensure she won't come back.
- Use of this mod from ModTheSims will prevent her from spawning in the game. The Seasons wishing well will still spew flames when a romance wish fails, but she will not crawl out of the well.
She loves bowling more than she hates love, so romantic Sims are safe in bowling alleys. Once she starts to bowl, she will never stop. She also loves to play poker, and will play indefinitely unless she is interrupted. (This is because she has no motive decay.) Therefore, it can be useful for the player to have Sims on dates go to lots with poker tables or bowling alleys. She also loves to drink, and will usually spend most of her time at a bar when there's one on a community lot.
If the player has The Sims 2: Bon Voyage expansion pack installed in the game, the Unsavory Charlatan is introduced. The venturing scam artist has an attraction to Mrs. CrumpleBottom. If both of these characters are in the same lot, he will try to woo and serenade her, in which he'll end up receiving one of Mrs. CrumpleBottom's famous purse-whippings. These interactions may give the player some time to finish up in the lot and return home without interacting with her.
Mrs. CrumpleBottom almost always wears her signature outfit. This includes a long, straight Appe dress with a button-up overcoat, along with tight shoes, pearls, a pillbox-hat with a small daisy pinned on, and her large, dark purse. Her dress is a tanned cream color. Her hair is grey and is always tied in a very tight bun. Her hair and outfit are unavailable for female elders without the testingcheatsenabled cheat.
Mrs. CrumpleBottom in other games
In the spin-off game, MySims, Mrs. CrumpleBottom makes a cameo as a costume. There is a dress that resembles hers, along with a hat with hair in a bun like hers. There are also eyes that look like those of an elderly person along with a craggy mouth. It is mentioned in Elmira Clamp's profile that she has an "Auntie Crumplebottom". Some people believe that her auntie is Mrs. CrumpleBottom, although this causes retroactive continuity wherein MySims is a prequel to The Sims 3, which is a prequel to The Sims 2.
In The Sims 3, there is a purchasable book named "The Crumplebottom Legacy". This may be a reference to Mrs. Crumplebottom and her relatives.
- Mrs. CrumpleBottom is the head of the Old Town Senior Citizens Tour Group (as mentioned in a Medical career track chance card). She is also the main investor in Landgraab Industries (mentioned in a Politics career chance card) and the owner of the SimCity Llamas (mentioned in a Business career chance card).
- Sims may get a memory of having met Mrs. CrumpleBottom if they join her in a game of poker.
- Her character file is located in the objects.package file and not in the Neighborhoods folder, which means she is the same in all neighborhoods.
- When viewing a neighborhood in SimPE, she will have a Sim Description (SDSC) which can be viewed. However, the player should not attempt to edit or alter any of that information in any way, as it will corrupt the game.
- When viewing her information in SimPE, some of it may appear to be incorrect. Her gender may be checked off as male, an oddity she shares with the Hula Zombie. Also, she may be shown as an adult, even though she is treated as an elder in-game.
- When viewing her in SimPE, she has no personality points, skills, interests, career or memories. She has the same personality as Circe Beaker, but when viewed in SimPE, her personality will appear blank.
- When viewing her Sim DNA, she has grey hair genetics. This is unusual; normally grey hair is not reflected in Sim DNA. She has no true hair genetics.
- Mrs. CrumpleBottom's genetics cannot be passed on, because her genetic data is missing. However an exact replica of her can be downloaded here. This is one way of playing as Mrs. CrumpleBottom without the risk of corrupting the game, except that she will be treated as a regular Sim, without Mrs. CrumpleBottom's unique behaviors.
- Mrs. CrumpleBottom is also seen many times with a thinking bubble with a pacifier, meaning that she may want to have/adopt children.
- It appears that Mrs. CrumpleBottom was created specifically to replace Miss Crumplebottom from The Sims: Hot Date, seeing as she was already dead by The Sims 2.
- In The Sims 2: University, there is a location in Sim State University known as Crumplebottom Lane. This may be a reference to Mrs. CrumpleBottom and her family.
- While using a sketch table in The Sims 3, one of the randomly generated sketches a Sim creates is a picture of Mrs. CrumpleBottom.
- An "Auntie Crumplebottom" (who is usually believed to be Mrs. CrumpleBottom) is mentioned in the MySims games, where it is revealed that she had a niece named Elmira Clamp. This would seem to imply that Mrs. CrumpleBottom had at least one sibling, though their fate is unknown.
- TheSims2.com - Community - Chat Transcripts 6.16.05 at the Wayback Machine (archived November 20, 2011)
- The Sims 3 Demo With Grant Rodiek Part 1
- In some versions of The Sims 2, there is a glitch which may prevent Mrs. CrumpleBottom from noticing any romantic interactions.
- There is a Sim — Vincent Skullfinder — a character from MySims, who is deceased at the start of the game in Sunset Valley
- This was apparently corrected some time after the release of Nightlife.
- Vampires in-game may attempt to bite her, as this is their default behavior. Doing so WILL cause game corruption. This mod prevents this from occurring, as well as fixing many other bugs.
|The Crumplebottom Family|
|Simon - Prudence - Cornelia - Agnes - Erik Darling - Beatrice - Belinda - Bianca|
|Robert - Mrs. CrumpleBottom - Elmira Clamp - Ian Arneson - Agatha|