Mother Plant, also referred to as Mother, is a deadly plant in The Sims 4: StrangerVille. The plant resides in an underground laboratory and is the main cause of StrangerVille's "strangeness," as she creates bizarre fruit and other objects that cause infections and possess local Sims.
Upon meeting the Mother, sim can attempt to fight or taunt the Mother by him/herself, but should not do this as the Mother will simply eat a sim, killing him/her instantly.
To battle with the Mother, played sim must prepare a successful vaccine, drink it and apply it on 3 more sims and ask them to join in battle against the Mother.
Before the battle, player can also prepare few additional vaccines, which can be used as a weapon.
The player must then lead all the sims to the Mother's lair and begin the battle, the sims will surround the Mother and start spraying it while avoiding her attacks, however, the player must be careful as the Mother will attempt to infect the player and other sims, additionally, a local Possessed sims will wander into the room and attempt to attack player's team members, preventing them from attack on the mother.
The player must choose a specific tactic upon clicking on the mother.
- Group Commands…
- Be Careful! - Your allies are more resistant to infection, but deal less damage.
- Charge! - Your allies deal more damage, but are also more vulnerable to infection.
- Take A Breather - Your allies heal some of their infection, but deal no damage.
- Warbling War Cry! - Your allies scare off The Mother’s minions, but deal less damage.
- Throw Infection Vaccine - Your Sim uses a vaccine in their inventory and deals damage to The Mother.
- Mega Spray - Your Sim deals more damage to The Mother.
- Retreat - You and your allies forfeit the fight.
If you win, your sim will kill the Mother by throwing a Vaccine into her mouth. and StrangerVille will be freed from infection.
If you fail, your companions will become possessed, and the Mother will eat your sim, killing him/her instantly.
The Mother can later be revived by taking Bizarre fruit to her corpse.
It is possible for a Sim to befriend the Mother by attempting to communicate with her multiple times. The relationship between Sim and the Mother will always start deep in the negatives, but talking will raise the relationship slightly.
Upon raising relationship to neutral, Sims may request a Bizarre fruit from the Mother.
Upon befriending with the Mother, sim may request a gift from her, including expanding lifetime, getting some money, or building up skills. The Mother can fulfill one wish per day
If the relationship is high enough and the Mother was already defeated once, sim can also use her to control the infection around the StrangerVille, including disabling it completely.
Possessed Sims can build relationship with the Mother much faster.
- The Mother herself can be bought in build mode with the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat. Her "Root" can be bought separately, although the root will disappear underground once placed and cannot be removed afterwards.
- Sim can throw vaccines to finish off the Mother, even if they don't have it in their inventory.
- The possessed Sims wandering in the battlefield will always be StrangerVille Sims who had been possessed in the beginning, even if they were later vaccinated. After the Mother is defeated, they will either leave the battlefield or faint and wake up uninfected.
- Upon requesting maximum strangeness from the Mother, playable sims that were previously possessed will not be possessed again. Instead, the game will generate new Sims to be possessed.
- Defeating the Mother, or requesting from her to remove the strangeness will remove infected trait from every sims in the world, even if they are not living in StrangerVille.
- Requesting strangeness from the Mother will only affect StrangerVille, even if the Mother was placed in another neighborhood.