|Good old Mom! Mom is full of unconditional support. She is always there for you. Always supportive. Always trying to guide you, to show you the way, to control you. Except now the tables are turned, and you can control Mom. And you know what's better? You can get her money, too. Good old Mom!|
|Children||The player's Sim, Mimi Landgraab , Dudley Landgraab|
|Game||The Sims (console)|
|Children||The player's Sim|
|Game||The Sims Bustin' Out (console)|
|Education and employment|
|Children||Mimi Landgraab , Dudley Landgraab|
|Game||The Sims 4|
Mom Landgraab is a Sim featured in The Sims for console and The Sims Bustin' Out. The player's Sim starts out living with her in Mom's house in SimValley in the Get a Life storyline in The Sims and Bust Out Mode in The Sims Bustin' Out.
Life leading up to The Sims (console) Edit
In the console version of The Sims, Mom is featured as an elderly woman living along with her child (the player's Sim) in her home. Unlike in The Sims Bustin' Out, Mom is playable in The Sims. Once she has disrupted the player's Sims' daydream, Mom has strict expectations for them and will constantly nag. If the player asks Mom to do any sort of house work (including cooking, cleaning, repairing, etc.), she will refuse to do it, thus placing the burden on the player's Sim. ("I'm not a maid!") She will also make messes herself and nag the player's Sim to clean up after her.
The only two ways to keep the house clean is to keep a "Meet Major Dormo" in the backyard, or hold out a chance for Mom to be abducted by aliens with the Horrorwitz "Star-Track" Backyard Telescope. After the abduction, a neater personality should replace her original one. However, it is nearly impossible to get abducted in story mode. Mom can sometimes be made to cook after completing the 'Cook Dinner' goal by replacing the fridge and stove, which don't have to be the same model as the originals. Mom also has 4 cooking skill points, this is most likely to stop her from causing a fire if she or the player makes her cook.
The player can move out of Mom's home, after they have warmed Mom up to them and "borrowed" §800 from her. They can then move into Mimi's Place or Dudley's Trailer (depending on the player Sim's gender). Mom periodically visits the player Sim, but can be very cruel to them by insulting, slapping and teasing them. Rarely, she'll bring some flowers in a vase for your Sim. However, clicking on them will result in the option "clean up."
Towards the end of the game, Mom will get married to Malcolm Landgraab and she moves into his house leaving the player's Sim Malcolm's "drafty old mansion" where they can live with their spouse and two children for the final level of the game. This makes Mom the stepmother of Malcolm's children Mimi and Dudley.
Mom is interested in Music, Outdoors, and Money.
Life leading up to The Sims Bustin' OutEdit
In The Sims Bustin' Out, Mom is featured as an older woman wearing a green facial mask, along with a pink bathrobe and pink bunny slippers. She is the mother of the player's Sim, ex-wife of the infamous Malcolm Landgraab, and former stepmother of Mimi and Dudley Landgraab. Mom lives in a quaint country home, surrounded by farms. In this game, she is a lot nicer to the player's Sim. Whil still a bit of a nag, Mom will look after the player's Sim and prepare food, but when it comes to jobs around the house she can be a slacker.
When the player first begins to play, the Sim is in a nightclub setting and must kiss either Peter Tutti or Candi Frutti (depending on the player's Sim's gender). Mom then pops up out of what seems to be thin air and tells the player's Sim to stop daydreaming and lectures the player's Sim because Malcolm is stealing their motor-scooter. The player is then pulled back into reality and the setting changes to the front of Mom's house, where the Player's Sim was daydreaming.
At Mom's, they must complete a set of five pre-decided goals, including "Find a Job". Until the Sim uses the newspaper to do this, Mom will nag them repeatedly. Her nags can be ignored and the player can remain living in her home, but that is up to the player to decide. This is a great level to raise some skills before trying a career. Living in Mom's House at any point in the game will freeze the Sim's work schedule and stop all relationship decay. Many motives will also freeze or slow, and should the player deplete all of their money, a seemingly random phone call will supply more.
Life leading up to The Urbz Edit
Though Mom does not appear in The Urbz (the only first generation console game in which this is the case), she is mentioned near the beginning of the game. The Urbz takes place after The Sims Bustin' Out, and the player moves into an apartment. Will.i.am will text the player that your Mom called wishing you well and passes you §300 from her to start you off with, and he gives the player a refrigerator (found in every District), a sofa (from his district, Cosmo Street) and a shower (from The Foundry).
Life leading up to The Sims 4 Edit
Mom Landgraab appears alongside her husband and step-children in The Sims 4 Gallery. She also carries a special message in her career slot that is unique to her.
- The Sims (console)
- Mom is unwilling to build her cooking and mechanical skill, but she is willing to build her creativity, body, logic, and charisma.
- If the player kisses Mom in The Sims for console, it will be a "friendly" kiss as no romantic music will play and the player can't fall in love with her. Because of this, there is no flirt interaction with her as well.
- Although it is stated that she is the mother of the player, the parent status was not included in The Sims until The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories introduced it.
- Also, even in The Sims 2 era, it is not possible without cheats to have an adult to be a parent of another adult. However, it is possible if a teen ages to an adult while the parent is still an adult. If the teen ages while his/her parent is still an adult, the current adult will still be a parent of the new adult.
- Since Mom is presumed to be the player Sim's mother, this would make them the step-sibling of Mimi and Dudley, and the step-child of Malcolm in the game.
- Her name 'Mom' should not be confused with the 'Mother' relationship status seen in the more recent games from The Sims series.
- Although Mom has the appearance of an elder, she is an adult by game mechanics. This is because elders did not appear until The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories introduced it.
- Although she is the ex-wife of Malcolm, she cannot be married in The Sims Bustin' Out. If the player tries to marry her, the player will get a message stating "Sorry, but I'm already spoken for, try one of the Sims on Free Street 1, 2 or 3.". This also occurs for other Sims who do not live in Free Street.
- In The Sims Bustin' Out, if the radio station is switched to techno or rap, Mom can be seen dancing for hours or even days.
- Mom can also be seen in the front right clapping for the player during the ending movie for The Sims for console.
- If Mom dies somehow in The Sims Bustin' Out or in The Sims console version, the file will be restarted from the beginning, or if the player saved, they would have to go back to that save file.
- If Mom is hypnotized in The Sims Bustin' Out for console she will fall asleep only to be woken up at the player's command. The same applies to Mortimer Goth.
|The Landgraab Family|
| Admiral Landgraab|
Kermit - Kitty
Chester - Queenie
Geoffrey - Nancy - Malcolm II - Marion
Malcolm - Hannelore - Malcolm III - Margaret
Dudley - Mimi - Adrien - Malcolm IV
Malcolm - Bambi