Melissa Sims is a deceased Sim in Strangetown. Her grave is located on Olive Specter's lot. It is unknown if Olive killed her, but it is a strong possibility. She may be related to another deceased Sim, Vicki Sims. She died due to starvation.
Melissa is one of the most glitched pre-deceased Sims in The Sims 2. Though her headshot depicts a teenage girl, she is actually an adult male on his last day before becoming an elder. Why she appears as a teen is unknown. If resurrected or summoned with the tombstone of life and death she will appear as a teenage girl with red hair which will disappear immediately after she appears, along with the second template face, and brown eyes. If the player changes her appearance in the mirror, there will not be anything in it until a hairstyle is selected and then her face will appear but with dark skin, green eyes, and no body. If the changes are confirmed she will come back with the chosen hairstyle, her body will return along with her previous skin tone however the green eyes will remain. If she becomes a vampire she will no longer have the face in her head shot but the one shown below.
- Melissa Sims actually has an unused hairstyle, which is not the one seen in her headshot. The unused hairstyle can be seen in two ways: If she is resurrected, and in the picture below, which is found in SimPE.
- She is one of the few sims with no eyebrows in The Sims 2.
- There are two pictures of Melissa as an Adult and an Elder hidden deep in her character files. They can only be seen in SimPE. It is understandable why they would be there, because Melissa is actually an Adult on her last day before she becomes an Elder.
- Depending on the installed expansion packs, her hair and clothes may change from what is pictured in her headshot.
- Melissa's hair in her hidden images is used as the female's hair in the Official The Sims 2 Trailer in 2003.
- Oddly, her name is sometimes chosen for Townies in custom neighbourhoods.
- Strangely, when trying to open her Sim DNA in SimPE, the page will appear blank. This happens with almost all of Olive Specter's victims.
|Warning: Resurrecting her has been known to cause corruption.|