|Malcolm Landgrabb... the mention of his name can drive real estate values sky high, or to rock bottom. Now semi-retired from the real estate biz, Malcolm still keeps busy with the occasional renovation project, funding event, and tax shelter scheme. He's got one eye on his property and one eye on Mom!|
|Children||Dudley Landgraab , Mimi Landgraab|
|Game||The Sims (console)|
|If he were meant to be a good guy, he'll probably be called "Benedict". This malevolent landlord grabs all the land he can get, and punishes his delinquent tenants by repossessing their stuff. A sad turn for the man who was once your benefactor and your mom's ex-husband.|
|Children||Dudley Landgraab , Mimi Landgraab|
|Game||The Sims Bustin' Out (console)|
Malcolm Landgraab[BO] (or Malcolm Landgrabb[TSC]) is a business tycoon and antagonist in The Sims (console) and The Sims Bustin' Out. He is one of the most prominent members of the Landgraab family and the father of Mimi and Dudley.
Malcolm first appears in SimCity 3000, where he is the CEO of Landgraab Industries. He seems to be a cynical business mogul with shady practices, and a sharp sense of humor (For example, after the player agrees to let him build an amusement park, he will say: "Sensational decision... I can see those sims with their wide smiles, and wide wallets, streaming into the park now..."). His bio mentions that he divides his time between his condo in the city and his hacienda on the resort island of San Cordelia.
Malcolm is a property developer who will lobby for more residential zones and construction projects like the building of a defense contractor, a country club golf course, and the aforementioned theme park. One of his subsidiaries, Safety Flush Solutions, is a well-known provider of toxic waste disposal services that converts napalm, anthrax bacilli, and nerve gas into deodorant and other harmless substances.
The Sims (Console)Edit
In The Sims (console), Malcolm wears a black smoking vest with a red tissue on his chest pocket, a white shirt, black bow tie, white suit pant, black loafers with stockings, black rectangular glasses, and black top hat. The first male default face was used to create him. Malcolm's interests are Politics, Money, and Outdoors, according to the Prima Strategy guide.
During the game, Malcolm asks the player to fix-up various lots while they are in residence. The player's Sim will move in with one of Malcolm's children, either Dudley or Mimi, depending on gender. At the end of the fifth level, Malcolm will get married to Mom and will leave his mansion to the player's Sim.
The Sims Bustin' OutEdit
In The Sims Bustin' Out, Malcolm wears a bicolor pelt stole with a white suit, a white chest open shirt, brown loafers, and a white top hat. When the player first visits Shiny Things Labs, they will learn that Malcolm is the CEO of Shiny Things Inc.. At The Octagon and at the Tinsel Bluffs, the player finds out that he is also a politician and a producer respectively.
Malcolm will go around SimValley and "repossess" things from Sims for not being able to pay rent or return his investments until he is defeated by the player's Sim and their Mom, who has divorced Malcolm and holds a grudge against him. The way the player can achieve this is by working their Sims' way up on the career path, moving into different houses, and achieving pre-decided goals in each different home.
When the player's Sim has almost reached the top of a career path, they will unlock a location called Malcolm's Mansion. When the player reaches the location, Malcolm will be standing on the path to the front door, and Mom then proceeds to "chase after Malcolm". After this, Malcolm runs off his property, leaving the player to bask in the glory of their new mansion. Malcolm is last seen in a cutscene on a cruise ship, where he is humiliated in various comical ways based on the player's career.
- In The Sims (console), Malcolm hints at his love for Mom as during Reality Bites. If the player doesn't complete certain objectives after a few days, Malcolm will call the house and ask why they haven't completed the tasks and he will mention that he learned this from their Mom who he calls lovely.
- Also in The Sims (console), if the "fish eye" cheat code is used to view the game in first-person, Malcolm can be seen sporting light red hair and a goatee at the end of the game when he comes to congratulate the player for his successful retirement party. This contrasts with promotional pictures of him or at the ending cutscene, where he has white hair and no goatee.
- In The Sims, a high-tech refrigerator from Shiny Things Inc. is described as being the original idea of Malcolm Landgraab himself. "The brainchild of reclusive Shiny Things Inc. founder Malcolm Landgraab, the Freeze Secret exploits experimental cryogenic technology. Utilizing a combination of liquid sulfur dioxide and argon in a low gravity vacuum, perishables are kept fresh for generations. High impact stainless steel and modern design make this the veritable ice queen of refrigeration."
- Malcolm is also mentioned in some chance cards in The Sims 2.
- A chance card from the slacker career mentiones that the purchase of Wrightway Toys by Landgraab Industries made Malcolm Landgraab the richest Sim in SimCity. The player learns this information when working as a Golf Caddy for Malcolm.
- Another chance card in the culinary career reveals he is a very powerful Sim, able to get the player's Sim fired from their job as a Drive Trough Clerk thanks to his strong network.
- The Prima Strategy Guide for The Sims Bustin' Out claims that he has 0 nice points and 10 outgoing points. However, he appears to have at least 5 nice points, as he is not entertained by horror TV shows and often spontaneously compliments other Sims; and he has at least less than 5 outgoing points as he uses the microphone shyly and isn't entertained by romantic TV shows. The other personality points reported by the Prima Guide (7 clean points, 0 active points, and 0 playful points) appears to be accurate.
- Also in The Sims Bustin' Out, Malcolm cannot be killed off by most means as he will be resurrected by the Grim Reaper. However, if eaten by a Mutant plant he will die as the Grim Reaper will not show up. This is ill-advised though as any goals relating to him will become impossible to complete.