Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Loners enjoy time spent alone more than time spent with others. Quite shy, they will never approach anyone that isn't a close friend. They prize their solitude and get nervous around large groups.
- Loners are in the best mood when alone, and will receive the Enjoying Solitude moodlet.
- Loners will get the Too Many People negative moodlet when on lots with crowds, including work and school lots.
- Loners doesn't feel the need to seek out social interaction as often as other Sims, and their social need will decrease at a slower rate.
- Loners prefer to spend time in the bedroom rather than more social areas.
- Babies with this trait lose social need more rapidly (seems to counteract the purpose of this trait).[confirmation needed]
- NPCs with this trait will not visit the following lot assignments: hangout.
- The preview animation for this trait shows the Sim being desperate for a friend, although in game loners are in a better mood when alone.
- Nearby pets do not remove the "Enjoying Solitude" moodlet.
- Loners will say the following when put into a rather large outing group: "This is more people than I can handle...I've got to get out of here!" followed by their feelings on the group outing. This occurs even with family members (tested with an 8-member group outing where two members were loners. After a few sim-minutes, both quit the group immediately leaving it a 6-member group). Another test used 5 siblings, and was a one loner. The single loner quit the group immediately leaving it a four-member group.
- Loners will reject the "Woo!" interaction from Sims with the party animal trait.
- Loners with the insane trait will never need to socialize with other Sims. This is due to the fact that not only will the social need decrease slower because of the loner trait's effect, but also having the insane trait allows them to use the "Talk to Self" interaction to raise their social need in addition to their fun need.
- If a party is taking place in a different household within the neighborhood, the "Gossip" interaction may reveal the loner's disdain for parties.
- Loners are at a disadvantage when undertaking a communications major while studying at college.[TS3:UL]
- Loners rarely ever wish to form friendships with other Sims unless they also have the charismatic and/or friendly traits.
|Enjoying Solitude||This positive moodlet will appear when no other Sims are in the same room or area as the loner. It provides a +15 buff to the loner's mood. This moodlet will disappear whenever another Sim approaches the proximity of the loner.|
|Too Many People||Appears when 3 or more Sims are in the same room or proximity of the loner. May also appear in career or school rabbitholes if 3 or more Sims are currently working alongside the loner. It adds a -15 penalty to the loner's mood, but disappears when the number of Sims near the loner is reduced to at least 2.|