- This article is about llamas. For the "LLAMA" instantaneous travel device, see Lightning Leap Atomic Molecular Arranger.
The Llama (Lama glama) is a South American camelid, widely used as a pack animal by the Incas and other natives of the Andes mountains. In South America llamas are still used as beasts of burden, as well as for the production of fiber and meat.
Llamas are a recurring theme in The Sims series, where there are numerous references to them, including a baseball team named after the animals. Apparently the llama is the national animal of SimNation. Many items in buy mode have llamas on them, or refer to llamas. The "Let There Be Light Laser Show" draws a llama, and a lot of computer activities or hacking opportunities involve (you guessed it) llamas. The University expansion for The Sims 2 and the University Life expansion for The Sims 3 have mascots that are dressed as llamas. Judging from the cheer that they and the cheerleaders do in The Sims 2: University, the Simlish word for "llama" appears to be "gerbit".
There are endless references to llamas in this series.
Appearances in The Sims seriesEdit
- In The Sims: Livin' Large, a baseball outfit for adult males has 'Llamas' written on it. Incidentally, this is one of the few instances where characters from the Roman alphabet are used in-game (as most writing on Sims' clothing, books, screens etc. uses the Simlish alphabet).
- In The Sims: Makin' Magic, a magic ingredient is called "Llama Spit".
- In The Sims, Sims usually make an excuse that they have to feed their llama if they reject an invitation from phone.
- In The Sims Bustin' Out for console, there is a buyable llama hedge.
The Sims 2Edit
- In The Sims 2: Castaway, there is a Llama tribe that apparently worshiped llamas, as well as an unrelated llama-fish.
- In The Sims 2, if a Sim's invitation is rejected, the invited Sim may say that they'd rather play MyShuno with llamas.
- FreeTime includes a game called "Don't wake the llama"
- The chance card for the top job ("Head of SCIA") in the Intelligence career track refers to Repeated Llama Bleating as an illegal means of questioning used by the SCIA.
The Sims 3Edit
- Llama Memorial Stadium is the name of the stadium in Sunset Valley and Riverview.
- A book entitled Llama Rights is available at the bookstore in The Sims 3.
- A book entitled "The Silence of the Llamas" is most likely a reference to the novel and the film The Silence of the Lambs.
- As a joke, one of the cheat codes in The Sims 3 is 'enableLlamas on/off'. It does nothing.
- It is also possible to imply that someone looks like a llama in The Sims 3, which is a grave insult. With the Ambitions expansion, fashion designers can choose to refuse their client's request for a makeover and imply that they "look like a llama".
- In The Sims 3, a random event in the political career offers a large "donation" in return for the enlargement of llama reserves.
- In The Sims 3, the Fast Learner lifetime reward states that the Sim will learn faster than a galloping llama.
- When exploring the catacombs at Pleasant Rest Graveyard, a message will appear saying that the Sim has found a rock that looks like the head of a llama, and the Sim will stop to marvel at the work of nature.
- In The Sims 3 base game, there is a Mean interaction called "imply mother is a llama". This action can only be done to the Sim's enemy.
- One of the types of space rock scattered around the landscape will be called 'Unusual Llamite'.
- When a Sim invites another Sim out, and it goes badly, there will be a moodlet saying "Yuck! Going out was about as much fun as being spat on by a llama!"
- In Sims University there is a beach called Llama Beach.
- In the console edition, enabling cheats adds a new Buy Mode object called "Spoot the Magic Llama".
The Sims 4Edit
- Sims who reach a certain level in the Athletic career can unlock the Llamacorn outfit. It appears to be a crossbreed of a llama and unicorn and can only be worn by young adults and older. The outfit is similar to a sports team mascot outfit and is taller than an adult Sim.
- Sims can also wear a Super Llama outfit which has two versions for male and female.
- The option "Imply Mother is a Llama" is available under the "Mean" social menu and can be done to almost any other Sim.
- A hedge in the shape of a llama is available for purchase in Build mode.
- The icon for friends/followers in the gallery is a llama.
- In Get Together, Sims can play "Don't Wake the Llama", like in The Sims 2: Freetime.
- The Omiscans had a god named Totecallama dedicated to items including a totem, the Totecallama Chaos Relic, the Totecallama Watcher Relic and the Totecallama Death Relic.
- The Llama Glyph shows a part of the Omiscan Regeneration Myth.
- One of the surprise holidays is the TV season premiere, and one of the possible series is the Game of Llamas, likely a reference to Game of Thrones.
- In Get Famous, there is a Blockbuster Movie Teaser Billboard for a upcoming Super Llama movie.
- Also in Get Famous, there is a Darth Vader like Llama helmet.
Appearances in other Will Wright gamesEdit
In a December 2000 Interview with CNN, Will Wright, creator of The Sims, stated "many years ago, we had a company-wide vote for our informal company-wide mascot, and the choices came down to the Boston tree fern, beef tape worm and a llama. And somehow the llama won the vote!" From then, llamas became a running gag in franchises associated with Maxis and Will Wright.
- In SimFarm, the tooltip for rocks identifies them as "ancient petrified llama droppings."
- In SimCity 2000, the simulation speed can be set to "Turtle," "Llama," "Cheetah," or "African Swallow." Furthermore, players can place the "Braun Llama Dome" arcology in their city
- SimCity 3000 as well as SimCity 4 feature a cheat which turns advisors into llamas.
- In the space stage of Spore, an alien species may ask the player to find them llama statues.
- In SimCity (2013), llama-shaped balloons will fly out and around of the "SimCity Launch Park".