This is a list of storytelling cheats that help with picture taking and video recording.
The Sims 2 Edit
- slowMotion [value]
- The slowMotion cheat takes one parameter: the "slowness" setting (such as slowMotion 4). This value ranges from 0 to 8 where 0 is normal speed and 8 is the slowest speed.
- boolProp enablePostProcessing true/false
- Enables the use of postprocessing cheats (see below); very useful for movie making (also see below). Please note that you must have a video card that can handle pixel shaders in order to successfully use this cheat. If you use the cheats and you don't have pixel shaders, the screen will most likely go partially dark, and will not come back until you turn off enablePostProcessing. If you turn on postprocessing, and you turn on cinematics, and a cinematic plays, you may also experience unwanted graphical glitches.
- bloom [r g b x] (rgb is color) (x is the bloom amount) [0.0 - 1.0]
- This cheat adds a blur effect, like a sitcom flashback moment. You must have entered boolProp enablePostProcessing true for this cheat to work.
- vignette [centerX centerY X] (X is the vignetteing factor) [0.0 - 1.0]
- Adds a blur effect from the specified center. Using "vignette 0.5 0.5 0.5" should put some blurry bits at the edge of the screen. Vignette 0.5 0.5 1.0 is maximum edge blurriness. You must have entered boolProp enablePostProcessing true for this cheat to work.
- filmGrain [val] [0.0-1.0]
- This cheat makes the screen grainy. You must have entered boolProp enablePostProcessing true for this cheat to work.
The Sims 2: Nightlife Edit
- showHeadlines [on/off] (for all Sims on lot)
- Needed for moviemakers. Makes all thought balloons, speech balloons, skill bars, and ++/-- type headlines hidden/visible.
- letterBox [val] [0.0-0.4]
- Adds a letterbox effect to the view. You must have entered boolProp enablePostProcessing true for this cheat to work.
The Sims 2: Open for Business Edit
- Plumbbobtoggle [on/off]
- This disables the plumbbob
The Sims 2: PetsEdit
- boolprop controlpets [on/off]
- This will enable to control your pets
- boolprop PetActionCancel
- This will control your pet queues
- boolprop PetsFreeWill
- Disables Free Will for your pet
The Sims 3 Edit
- hideHeadlineEffects [on/off]
- Shows or hides talk/thought balloons above Sim heads
- Put this before going into CAS to use career and NPC outfits, such as a Fire Man/Woman
- slowmotionviz [value from 1 to 8]
- Slows down gameplay except time passage in-game
The Sims 3: GenerationsEdit
- moviemakercheatsenabled [true/false]
Enables a large range of advanced movie making and story telling cheats, using the common SHIFT+Left Click method of interaction. When enabled, individual sims can have freewill turned on/off, Shift+Right Clicking adds sims to the family, Edit in CAS is enabled, and you can trigger animations, among others. This cheat requires testingcheatsenabled to be activated to work.
The Sims 4Edit
- headlineEffects [on/off]
- Hides all headline effects, such as thought/speech bubbles, skill bars and mouse-over information bubbles.