A legacy challenge is a challenge created by Pinstar that challenges a player to play a family through 10 generations.
The player starts with one adult Sim by themselves in what is known as a "legacy lot" (a lot, usually 5x5 or 6x5, with only the bare necessities for the Sim). The use of cheats and who the family members can marry are strictly regulated. Every generation there is supposed to be an heir who keeps the legacy going.
The townie rule is different in The Sims 3, because everybody is from the same neighbourhood.
Legacy Challenge Variations
There are many variations to the Legacy Challenge. Examples include:
- Adoptacy: Sims cannot be born to the family, only adopted.
- Alphabet Legacy: Naming the children in alphabetical order for 26 generations. (I.e. first generation names start with 'A' (eg. Alice), second generation with 'B' (eg. Bob), third generation with 'C' (eg. Charlie), etc. etc.)
- Cleanacy: Making it so the founder and every heir have 10 personality points in the neatness category/have the neat trait.
- Dominant/Recessive Genes: Starting with a Sim who has totally dominant genes (eg. black hair/brown eyes) and seeing how long it takes for a totally recessive baby to be born (eg. red hair/grey eyes).
- Fatacy: The founder, all heirs, and all spouses, must be fat.
- Genacy: The number of children born each generation reflects which generation the family is in. (i.e for the 1st generation, there should only be 1 child, for the 2nd generation there should be 2 children, for the 3rd generation there should be 3 children ect.)
- Immortal: Keeping a single Sim alive (i.e the founder) while his/her family goes on for 10 generations, using the Life Fruit, Death Flowers and Ambrosia. Aging must be turned on.
- Matriarch Legacy: Starting with an adult female and making her become pregnant without marrying or having the father move in. This applies to all generations.
- Patriach Legacy: The founder and all heirs must be males.
- Perfect Genetics: The founder must have an extraordinary hair and eye color (e.g. white, pink, neon green) and each following heir(ess) must have the founder's genes.
- Prettacy: Starting with a very ugly Sim, then trying to make the prettiest sim possible in 10 generations.
- Rainbow Legacy: Making each generation represent a different colour (eg. generation one is pink, generation two is red, etc.). The colour of the generation can be reflected in the sims' clothes, hair colour, house, etc.
- Riskacy: Having the founder and heirs marry the first adult sim of the opposite gender (playable, townie, or NPC) that walks onto the lot.
- Supernatural Legacy: Each supernatural species must be present at least once in the family tree (example, the founder could be human, but marries a witch, second generation marries a werewolf, third a vampire, etc.)
- Uglacy: Trying to create the ugliest Sim possible in 10 generations.
- World Legacy: All heirs must be conceived with someone from another country.