Knowledge Sims' curiosity makes them relatively fearless. While other Sims fear things such as seeing ghosts, becoming a creature, and being abducted by aliens, Knowledge Sims often want these experiences. They may even want to get struck by lightning[TS2:S] They also like to encounter near-death experiences, such as defeating the Grim Reaper or being saved from death. Teenage Sims are eager to have good grades at school, and young adult Sims always want to be serious in their studies at college[TS2:U].
In the Windows and Mac OS X versions, the Sim will fear losing their creature status. Mac OS X has the same Wants and Fears as Windows with the exception of Wants and Fears introduced in FreeTime and Apartment Life since those 2 EPs were only released for Windows.
In The Sims 2 for PlayStation Portable, having the Knowledge aspiration gives Sims Knowledge-only Perks and Knowledge Goals.
|Platinum||Young Genius||Savant Supreme||Senior Sage|
|Gold||Whiz Kid||Impressive Intellect||Wizened Wise One|
|High Green||Smarty Pants||Free Thinker||Mature Mastermind|
|Low Green||Solid Student||Brainstretcher||Well-Read Whitehair|
|Low Red||Addled Adolescent||Silly Goose||Decaying Dullard|
|Deep Red||Dense Dunce||Incredible Ignoramus||Senile Simpleton|
Wants & Fears
When in aspiration desperation, a Sim will pull out a volleyball with a crudely drawn face and mortarboard on it, pretending to learn from "Professor von Ball".
FreeTime Aspiration Benefits
- Level 1 - Slower Social and Fun Motive Decay
- Level 2 - Impart Knowledge
- Level 3 - Eureka!
- Level 4 - Summon Aliens
Premade Sims With Aspiration
Tips & Tricks
- Knowledge Sims make good love matches for Family Sims, as they will usually want to get married and have at least one child.
- Knowledge Sims often make good companions for Fortune Sims, as they are both ambitious aspirations. However this will not affect chemistry.
- Knowledge Sims tend to get on pretty badly with Romance or Pleasure Sims, as they don't have much in common.
- Knowledge Sims are also the only Sims who do not fear becoming a special being (Vampire, Werewolf, etc). In fact, it can be used to boost their aspiration, curing it when it is no longer a fear to be cured. The want to become a special being is probably due to the fact that they want to know more about them, and what better way to learn about them than by being one?
- The only lifetime want that isn't related to maxing out a career is maxing out all the skills.
- ↑ With FreeTime, Sims who have Knowledge as a secondary aspiration may still fear these things, and may even want and fear them at the same time.