|From the natural beauty of Cordelia Falls to the clear, brisk currents of the River Bagley, the mingling of earth and water makes Henford-on-Bagley a lovely place to visit, but perhaps and even lovelier place to live. Villagers here connect with the history of the land while finding friendship in the furry and feathery creatures that inhabit the woods. So what if the average neighbor is a little more gossipy? You couldn't ask for a better place to grow, tend, and nurture a more natural life.|
|Game||The Sims 4: Cottage Living|
Henford-on-Bagley is a world featured in The Sims 4: Cottage Living. It is a rural, England-inspired world populated by cows, chickens, llamas, and rabbits. The town is full of water holes and ponds for Sims to swim in, and each week a farm festival is attended by the town residents. Every lot by default has the Wild Foxes lot challenge enabled, making foxes naturally appear.
Henford-on-Bagley is famous for rolling hillsides, fresh farm produce and stonecarving which locals have been doing for hundreds of years. Princess Cordelia visited Henford-on-Bagley as one of first places after the Great Sloth Invasion.
Ramble the Bramblewood
Forage for mushrooms, befriend wild rabbits and birds, enjoy the ruins, and stop by Sophie The Snail in these lush woods
A Cozy Village
The small but lively village of Finchwick is home to friendly locals and shop stalls
Enter the weekly fair for a chance to prove that your animal, produce, or cooking is the cream of the crop
There are three neighborhoods in this world:
- Finchwick - Finchwick is a small town that prides itself as a historically bustling and tight-knit community. It is home to various shops and grocers owned by the locals, and it also hosts the weekly Finchwick Fair.
- Old New Henford - This part of Henford is known for its lush estates, rolling hills, and small community garden. It used to be one giant property owned by The Watson Family, who sold plots of it over the years. They still own a sizable estate on one of the hills. Old New Henford is also home to many wild animals that roam the countryside.
- The Bramblewood - The wooded area on the outskirts of Henford has a storybook-like feel and is where the most wild animals can be found, such as wild birds, rabbits, and foxes. It is considered the most romantic part of Henford, with many places to explore. It is rich in history, and plenty of ruins to discover, that were once home to Lord Volpe. It also includes a swimmable lake.
There are 12 lots in Henford-on-Bagley, each separated into three neighborhoods. There is also a 64x64 lot.
- 3 Cobblebottom Street, owned by Scott (20x20)
- 4 Olde Mill Lane, owned by A New Start (30x20)
- 14 Nettle Lane, owned by Moody & McMillan (40x30)
- Olde Mill Hill, owned by Watson (64x64)
- 1 Cobblebottom Street (20x15)
- 3 Olde Mill Lane (50x40)
- 5 Cobblebottom Street (30x20)
- Cordelia's Secret Cottage (30x20)
- 2 Olde Mill Lane (50x40)
- 13 Nettle Lane (30x20)
- A New Start household 4 Olde Mill Lane
- Cecilia Kang
- After living in the big city and having her heart broken, Cecilia decided to ditch everything she knew for a small garden plot and some chickens. She's still looking for someone to share this life with, though after a date she'd love to forget with the local Creature Keeper Michael Bell, she's happy to only form long-term attachments with the critters that visit for now.
- Moody & McMillan family 14 Nettle Lane
- Derek McMillan, Ian Moody
- After working an office job for more years than he'd care to admit, Derek found a man willing to live the rustic dream of his youth and the two moved to his family cottage and never left. When not fending off financial offers from developers who see their home as a prime target, Ian and Derek balance their days between adventure and quiet, depending on who's in charge of the agenda. Despite- or perhaps because of their differences, time has been most kind to these elderly lovebirds, who live a contented retirement as key members of the Henford-on-Bagley community.
- Scott family 3 Cobblebottom Street
- Simon Scott, Sara Scott
- As owners of The Gnome's Arms, Finchwick's beloved pub, the Scotts are living the dream! Well, Sara's dream at least. Simon- a city boy with no more city around - still feels a bit awkward every time he runs into a chicken. Still, he's here to support his wife's dream. Will their hopes of adding a new member to their tiny family change things up for better or worse?
- Watson family Olde Mill Hill
- Thomas Watson, Rahmi Watson, Rashidah Watson, Imran Watson, Maira Watson
- Inheriting the family estate was always the plan, but Thomas may be in over his head. For a man who equates success with crop size, he's losing both his confidence and his family. While his wife Rahmi loves the country air, her feelings for her husband are stale, and the affections have wandered. The oldest of the three children, Rashidah, feels trapped, preferring to dream of a future outside Henford-on-Bagley - dreams that have sparked something between her and a kindred soul. The two youngest couldn't be more different! Imran treasures the security of life at home while Maira can be found bravely venturing out into the unknown. Will this hectic family come together, or fall apart in their "old new" home.
- Lavina Chopra, Rahul Chopra
- Raising Rahul as a single mom hasn’t been easy, but Lavina has grown to love the relationship, as well as the pleasure she gets out of keeping the village running smoothly and being a good neighbor. Rahul looks up to his capable mother, but after living in this small village all his life, yearns to travel and see the world. He can’t quite bring himself to leave his mom all on her own, though.
- Michael Bell (Creature Keeper)
- Agatha Crumplebottom (Garden Shop Owner)
- Agnes Crumplebottom (Garden Shop Owner)
- Rahul Chopra (Grocery Deliverer)
- Kim Goldbloom (Grocery Shop Owner)
- Lavina Chopra (Village Mayor)
- Henford-on-Bagley is the second world to have all lots built by Simmers (Clare Siobhan, Devon Bumpkin, Thomas TV, and HeyHarrie), as well as the second residential world to have a pre-made rental lot, and the second world to have cars drive on the left side.
- Many of the Sims living in Henford-on-Bagley have pre-set skills, likes, and dislikes relating to other packs. For example, Lavina Chopra has points in the parenting skill (from Parenthood), and Rashidah Watson likes metal music (from Nifty Knitting Stuff) and dislikes tween pop (from Kids Room Stuff).
- This is the first world of The Sims 4 to have a completely different name in some translations of the game. In Spanish Henford-on-Bagley is called Villagallina de la Bolsona and in Portuguese it is called Avelândia do Norte.
- The Sims 4 Cottage Living: Official Trailer by The Sims on youtube.com (retrieved 10 June, 2021)
- Mentioned in description of Henford Stone Circular Window in The Sims 4: Cottage Living
- Mentioned in description of Princess Cordelia´s Peasants Stairs in The Sims 4: Cottage Living
- "Greetings from Henford-on-Bagley!" by SimGuruFrost on thesims.com (retrieved 7 June, 2021)
- "Harold Tours the Countryside" on thesims.com (retrieved 3 July, 2021)