|Your neighbor... An avid gardener and serial monogamist.|
|Romances||Elliot , Dennis Philips , Gordon , Barney , Roland Calonzo|
|Game||The Sims 2 PSP|
The couple will offer the player a job as a maid, consisting of three tasks: planting the garden, cleaning the bathroom and cooking a hot-dog. While doing each of the tasks, the player will find suspicious objects hidden in her house. This will lead to the conclusion that Hazel murdered her previous husbands.
Hazel previously had 4 husbands: Elliot (died from getting his hand stuck in a blender while repairing it), Dennis Philips (died from drowning), Gordon (died from starvation), and Barney (died in a fire).
Intimidate her (she's not a very easy person to intimidate, being in a good mood and having a good charisma level helps) and she will confess to at least inadvertently causing their deaths; she blacks out very often and doesn't remember doing it and does not mean to. She compares the blackouts to some "outside force" (the player) controlling her. Though she insists she loves Roland, she is eventually convinced that he should leave for his safety. Share the information with Roland so he gets out of the house. Find him again at Deadtree, where he will be important for another quest.
Also, in Hazel Dente's garden, there is a shredded swimsuit hidden in the pool filter. Open the machine, take the swimsuit and bury it to get rid of one of the ghosts in Espiritu Estate.
Hazel's story is similar to Olive Specter's story from The Sims 2 base game; both have been engaged once and married at least three times. In addition to that, Hazel is potentially a serial killer that is responsible for her former husbands' untimely passings.
Hazel's secrets from The Sims 2 (PSP):
- (Personal): Dabbles in "home remedies"... involving arsenic, bitter almonds, and strychnine.
- (Intimate): Hazel's got a thing for guys with money... a thing called "bad luck".
- (Dark): Can stop a man's heart just by glancing at him! The evil eye!
- (Serial Monogamist): Hazel Dente may have caused her husbands' deaths so she could keep their money!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hazel is a vegetarian, as stated by Roland Calonzo when he tasks the player with making hot dogs: "We only really need ONE hot dog, since Hazel's sort of a vegetarian...but I'll take as many as you want to make!"
- Her name in game files is Hazel Doss. It is a reference to Nannie Doss, who is famous for killing her four husbands. Both Hazel and Nannie blacked out sometimes, used poisons and confessed to killing people.
- Two of her husbands, Gordon and Barney, may be a reference to the Half-Life series, due to them sharing the names of the protagonists Gordon Freeman and Barney Calhoun