The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with the Excitable and Hot-Headed traits, and is available from birth.
Grumpy Sims are rarely in a good mood. It's quite difficult to make them happy because they simply don't want to be happy.
- Sim will usually get sad before getting angry or uncomfortable.
- It's more difficult to get the Sim into a good mood. To be specific, they take an innate mood penalty.
- On the computer Grumpy Sims have the option to "Troll on Forums". This will eventually result in a positive moodlet.
- Sim doesn't like to boast or enthuse about something, they also don't like giving away compliments unless they have the Charismatic, Easily-Impressed or Schmoozer traits.
- Grumpy Sims may react bored to certain interactions like the "Woo!" interaction from Party Animal Sims or the "Tell Funny Story" interaction.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the Satire genre.
- Grumpy Sims are prone to autonomously arguing with other Sims, but rarely escalate to insults or fights in like Hot-Headed, Mean-Spirited or Inappropriate Sims.
- Sim may become sad or angry when they don't have any moodlets.
- Sim may scream out in fury if something bad happens to a nearby Sim.
- Sim will always have the ability to complain about something. And will give them the positive "Let off Steam" moodlet when doing so.
- Sims with the Grumpy trait can develop the "Out of Sorts" moodlet upon awakening. The "Out of Sorts" moodlet gives -20 points to your mood, and it typically last 23 hours. The "Out of Sorts" moodlet occurs at random. Getting a good night’s rest or, for Sims with the Martial Arts skill, meditating can help to alleviate The "Out of Sorts" moodlet much faster.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.