The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with the excitable and hot-headed traits, and is available from birth.
Grumpy Sims are rarely in a good mood. It's quite difficult to make them happy because they simply don't want to be happy.
- Grumpy Sims will usually get sad before getting angry or uncomfortable.
- It's more difficult to get the Sim into a good mood. To be specific, they take an innate and invisible -15 mood penalty.
- Grumpy Sims have the option to "Troll on Forums" while on the computer. This will result in a positive moodlet if the trolling succeeds.
- Grumpy Sims don't like to enthuse about something, they also don't like giving away compliments unless they have the charismatic, easily impressed or schmoozer traits.
- Grumpy Sims may react bored to certain interactions like the "Woo!" interaction from party animals or the "Tell Funny Story" interaction.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the satire genre.
- Grumpy Sims are prone to autonomously arguing with other Sims, but rarely escalate to insults or fights as hot-headed, mean spirited or inappropriate Sims will tend to do.
- Grumpy Sims may scream out in fury if something bad happens to a nearby Sim or if something bad happens to themselves.
- Grumpy Sims will autonomously use the "Complain About..." type interactions. This will grant them the positive "Let off Steam" moodlet if the interaction is accepted.
- Sims with the Grumpy trait may develop the "Out of Sorts" moodlet upon awakening, making them potentially angry.
- Grumpy Sims will not react well to being splashed in a pool, and will furiously splash back at the offending Sim, decreasing the offending Sim's fun gain. They share this attribute with hot-headed and mean spirited Sims.
- Grumpy Sims can be "Mock (over their Grumpiness)" by another Sim, which greatly decreases relationship between the two Sims.
- Grumpy Sims will autonomously "Shoo Off" cats sitting on top of furniture, even if the cat is asleep.
|Out Of Sorts||Occasionally appears on grumpy Sims upon waking up. The "Out of Sorts" moodlet adds a -20 point penalty to the Sim's mood, and it typically lasts for 23 hours. Getting a good night's rest or meditating[TS3:WA] can help to alleviate this moodlet much faster. Neurotic Sims can also remove this moodlet through the use of the "Share Worries" interaction.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.