All Sims have the Grow Up Aspiration when they're young, and they all need the same thing: love, time and attention from their family. See to it the other Sims around them make the time to teach these young'uns what they need to learn, and you'll give them a great head start on life.
The Grow Up aspiration is the default aspiration of toddlers and children in The Sims 2. Some wants and fears are specific to toddlers, while others are specific to children. While the aspiration is exclusive to Children and Toddlers, some pre-made grown-ups have hidden Grow Up aspiration tokens, like Julius Caesar.
Aspiration Monikers[edit | edit source]
|Platinum||Miracle Mite||Child Prodigy|
|Gold||Precocious Preschooler||Wonder Boy / Wonder Girl|
|High Green||Little Wonder||Gifted Kid|
|Low Green||Diaper-Filler||Typical Tyke|
|Low Red||Hectic Handful||Bothersome Brat|
|Deep Red||Rotten Rugrat||Neglected Nightmare|
Wants & Fears[edit | edit source]
Wants[edit | edit source]
Fears[edit | edit source]
Aspiration Desperation[edit | edit source]
- When a toddler's aspiration bar stays deep red for a long time, they will cry, whine, and throw a tantrum. A social worker may come and take them.[confirmation needed]
- When a child's aspiration bar stays high red for a long time, they will smash flowerbeds, dollhouses and urns, kick tombstones and trashcans, and throw tantrums. Some may even start fights with a family member or a visiting Sim.
Tips & Tricks[edit | edit source]
Using boolProp testingcheatsenabled, adults can be given the Grow Up aspiration, but it does not have any exclusive wants and fears.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When a child grows up into a teen, it is possible to quickly age them up into an adult as the age meter stays full for about a second. Doing so will result in the adult retaining the grow up aspiration. The aspiration meter ranks are the same as the ones for the romance aspiration.
- Interrupting the aging process from a child into a teen by resetting the Sim, with a cheat or other method, can cause the prompt to select the Sim's aspiration to not appear, and as a result retain the grow up aspiration.
- Teens and older who age up while having the grow up aspiration will have a message that claims that they "achieved the Aspiration Level of . That's terrible!" as if they had aged up while at a critically low aspiration level.[confirmation needed]
- There is an old game file string which suggests that this aspiration was originally intended to be for teenagers as well, and was possibly the successor of the Power aspiration.
References[edit | edit source]
- This is defined as growing up with the aspiration bar in gold or platinum. For toddlers, this is a 1000 point want. For children, it is a 2500 point want. The points are awarded after the Sim has grown up and the aspiration bar has expanded.
- While children can be read to, the want to be read to is apparently specific to toddlers.
- This is effectively a want to learn to study, as that is when the want is fulfilled. However, it is labeled as a want to ask for help with homework.
- This is defined as growing up with the aspiration bar in red.
- The string can be found in Text/Text/Live.package; the string number is 0x0006. The complete description and string can be seen here.