|Take your Sims on a vacation to experience the clear skies and piney mountain air! Pitch your tent, explore the woods, and experience the wonders of nature…like a Sim in a bear suit?|
|Game||The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat|
Granite Falls is a destination world introduced in The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat game pack. Sims can vacation in Granite Falls for up to seven days, but cannot live there as in normal residential worlds.
Granite Falls is a nature oriented location, surrounded by pine trees, lakes and sprawling valleys. It is heavily oriented around camping and the activities related to it, but Sims can also rent pre-built indoor lots for a comfier experience. Once Sims have settled down, they can start exploring the bug-infested woods with a special self-interaction that allows them to go hiking. Many campfires are located throughout the woods, allowing Sims to have a nice place to grill food or tell stories to each other. Ranger stations are also present and offer Sims a way to buy objects necessary for camping and can also provide general information about the campgrounds. Various bears, who will make Sims tense, will also roam around the world, mostly in the campground area.
If there are any empty rental lots available as the player's Sims are vacationing, the game will randomly choose a family from the save game's worlds and populate the empty rental lots with those chosen families. However, in order for currently unplayed Sims to appear in Granite Falls they do not need to be in a rental lot, and can appear in the world in a similar fashion to townies.
Camping and Cabins
Whether you're roughing it out or glamping it, Granite Falls has a variety of sights to choose from
Power through your Squeamish sensibilities and discover some truly fascinating insects
Granite Falls Forest
Experience the true perfection of nature by exploring the lush and beautiful Granite Falls Forest
There are a total of five rental lots in Granite Falls and one community lot. The player is also capable of editing these lots how they like without using cheats, such as changing lot assignments or editing the build itself, as long as Sims are not vacationing in them.
- Campground (§111 per day)
- Forest Hideaway (§635 per day, 2 bed 2 bath)
- Green Getaway (§397 per day, 1 bed 1 bath)
- Lakeside Retreat (§893 per day, 4 bed 3 bath)
- Riverside Retreat (§282 per day, 1 bed 1 bath)
Granite Falls experiences four distinct seasons if The Sims 4: Seasons is installed. Summer temperatures are generally hot to heat wave with mostly sunny skies. Winters are characterized by snow and blizzards and cold to freezing temperatures. Fall temperatures range from warm to cool with occasional snow and rain. Springs are wet and cool to warm.
- Granite Falls was originally going to be named Misty Pines.
- There's three cities in the US named Granite Falls, one in North Carolina, one in Minnesota and one in Washington. However, it bears a closer resemblance to Washington.
- The name may be a reference to the Gravity Falls TV series.
- "The Sims 4 is Getting an Outdoorsy 'Game Pack' Next Month" on Kotaku.com. Retrieved 20 December 2014
- SimGuruSarah's tweet on Twitter.