Genius is a mental trait in The Sims 3. It is first available at birth. It actually conflicts with the stupid trait, but that trait was scrapped due to its similarity to the absent-minded trait. Yet, a Sim can still have the "genius" and "absent-minded" trait. An example of a Sim with both of these traits is Cycl0n3 Sw0rd.
Geniuses are brilliant logical thinkers, masters of chess and excellent hackers. They savor pursuits of the mind.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Geniuses will learn the logic skill 30% faster than other Sims.
- Geniuses enjoy playing chess and will improve at it quickly.
- Geniuses will learn the mooch, chess, hacking, and dominoes[TS3:ST] hidden skills 30% faster than normal.
- When a Sim in the household dies, geniuses can "Play Chess for (Sim Name)'s life".
- Geniuses can solve crazy mathematical problems on the computer for cash. This will also raise their fun motive slowly as well as slightly raising their logic skill.
- Geniuses will perform better in the law enforcement, science and medical careers.
- Geniuses can create pixelized paintings using Paint Stylized Still-Life.
- Geniuses will praise their children more often for doing their homework, much like family-oriented Sims.
- Geniuses can initiate "Deep Conversations" at any point in a relationship and they enjoy them more.
- This trait will provide a bonus to Sims writing in the science fiction genre.
- This trait will provide a bonus to Sims writing in the mystery genre.
- NPCs with this trait are attracted to the following lot assignments: Library.
- Toddlers with this trait will learn their toddler skills faster than other Sims.
- Geniuses are unaffected by the quest action "Convince (Genius's Name) that the Sky is Falling".
- Geniuses benefit from all majors in college.
- Geniuses prefer watching the history channel on the television.
Special Moodlets[edit | edit source]
|Fascinated||Geniuses may autonomously "contemplate" their surroundings. This action will activate this moodlet for 2 hours. As this is an autonomous action, the player cannot force this interaction, but it can be cancelled.|
Related Skills[edit | edit source]
Possible Lifetime Wishes[edit | edit source]
- Chess Legend.
- Perfect Mind/Perfect Body.
- Renaissance Sim.
- The Tinkerer.
- World Renowned Surgeon.
- Monster Maker.
Genius Sims[edit | edit source]