Cycle LTW and Reroll LTW options[edit source]
AndrewGloria from ModTheSims here.
I think you may be wrong about the Cycle LTW and ReRoll LTW options, though it may vary from one version of the batbox to another. In my version ([v2.0b] for TS2 v1.0p2 - TS2FT, which is right for both NL and OFB -- My highest EP is NL, but I have the OFB game engine) ReRoll LTW gives a random LTW chosen from the eligible LTWs for that Sim's aspiration. Cycle LTW is also limited to the eligible LTWs, but cycles through them in order, allowing you to select the one you want.
I now do have access to all the LTWs regardless of aspiration when using both these options, but only since I installed Squinge's AnyLTWforallaspirations hack.
I have put this in Talk rather than trying to edit the wiki directly, because I think you may well be right for later versions of the batbox.
- Hmm, when did you download the FFS Lot Debugger? It was obviously updated for each expansion, because it has Apartment Life-exclusive options and such. It's possible you're using an outdated version. Could you redownload the FFS Lot Debugger and test again? --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 18:41, October 2, 2014 (UTC)
I downloaded it comparatively recently (in the last 2 years anyway) probably from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/, or possibly from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/, but both appear to be pointing to the same file. When downloading Pescado mods, I go to http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7.0.html and then drill down to my latest EP. (Only in my case it is more complicated because my highest EP is NL, but with Double Deluxe I have the OFB game engine. I've now ordered a copy of OFB, so that should make things simpler for me.) Anyway there are often different versions of many of Pescado's hacks for different game configurations.
However (I've just checked this now and it's a surprise for me) the versions of FFSdebugger for NL, OFB and AL are all identical. And the file in my Downloads\Hacks directory is identical to all 3. I've just done a binary comparison. Here is its directory listing:
Directory of C:\Users\John\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Hacks 07/03/2013 17:19 63,445 ffsdebugger.package
So it looks as if I do have the same version as you. I use built-on Windows compressed folders to extract from zip files, and the extracted files pick up the current date and time, so it looks as if I downloaded and installed it on 7th March last year.
- Hmm, that's strange. It must be something with the game engines themselves. I run the Apartment Life engine, so it might be different there.
- It might be likely that I simply got the description wrong, so I will have to do some testing in a test hood later. I'll try it with different Sims of different aspirations and see what LTWs they get. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 21:29, October 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Hmm, it seems like you tried to edit the page but got stopped by our edit filter, per this log entry. According to the log, you were trying to add the following lines:
Re-rolls the selected Sim's [[Lifetime Want]]. Randomly selects from the possible LTWs the Sim can have, depending on their [[aspiration]]. Same as above, except that it cycles through all lifetime wants available to the sim in a fixed order.
- I haven't had time to play the game, as I've been having a very busy weekend (and I hate busy weekends! I already have a busy week!), but I don't really see why this wouldn't be correct, so I've added it. I also noticed you were editing while logged out, which exposes your IP address to the world. In the future, please log in before you edit -- it's a free IP cloak! --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 00:49, October 6, 2014 (UTC)
- I finally had time to test this myself, and yes, Cycle LTW indeed just goes through the available LTWs of the selected Sim in order! Thank you for correcting me. The Sim Modder is the object that can cycle through all LTWs in the game. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 22:10, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
Error Dialogues[edit source]
If you get hundreds of error dialogues in the "logs" folder of your saved game files, you can always delete them, and nothing will happen. But I wouldn't recommend anything in that folder that doesn't start with "ObjectError" -- C.Syde (talk | contribs) 03:04, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
- You can actually delete anything in that folder and it won't harm the game. Anything that is needed will simply be regenerated by the game. See . --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 03:19, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
Off-World Loiterers[edit source]
Why are Sims who are bug collecting considered as off-world loiterers? Did it mean Sims who are hiking, or bug collecting actually cause Sims to be sent to the netherworld or something...? Nikel Talk – Vote! 08:08, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Off-world loiterers usually means a Sim that does not physically appear on the lot, but is still technically considered by the game to be on the lot. For example, if you call a Sim, the recipient is technically brought onto the lot so the two Sims can talk with each other. However, the recipient doesn't physically appear on the lot. Off-world loiterer status isn't limited to non-household Sims -- a Sim that goes to work or school is an off-world loiterer as well. They are not physically on the lot, but are still considered by the game to be on the lot. If your Sims go bug collecting, out for a jog or a hike, whatever, they are not physically on the lot (because they walked off it), but the game still considers them to be on the lot. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 15:43, January 23, 2015 (UTC)