|The Sims||The Sims 2||The Sims 3||The Sims 4|
Becoming a creature of the night is both fun and fatal in The Sims series. Here is a step-by-step guide to becoming a vampire.
In The Sims: Makin' Magic, a vampire look is one of the options when a magical adult Sim successfully uses the "Beauty or Beast" charm . The vampire look is available for both genders. As with all changes made with "Beauty or Beast", it is simply cosmetic, and has no effect on the Sim's interactions with other Sims.
- A hacked object object available at Biedersims.de allows for vampires in-game, and affects more than just a Sim's appearance.
If no playable Sims have been bitten:
- Send one or more Sims to a Downtown community lot at night, and wait for one of the Grand Vampires to appear. If one of them is going to appear, it may take a while, so make sure the Sims have high motives, or that they keep them up.
- Have the Sim(s) talk to the Grand Vampire, and build a relationship with him or her. It may not be possible to build the relationship high enough for the bite neck interaction to become available, but at least get it high enough for the Grand Vampire to accept a phone call or invitation.
- Once the Sim and the Grand Vampire have a high enough relationship, get the two together, and the Grand Vampire may bite the Sim.
Note that once a Grand Vampire has bitten a playable Sim, any Sim, playable or not, who comes in contact with a Grand Vampire is at risk of being bitten, regardless of their relationship with the Grand Vampire. If Mrs. Crumplebottom is on the lot, she is at risk of being bitten, and that can corrupt core files in the game. There are mods which curb random NPC biting, and prevent file corruption which can be caused by changing the creature states of characters(such as Mrs. Crumplebottom, Grim Reaper, Witch doctor, Unsavory Charlatan, Repo Man or Social Worker) that were never meant to be made playable.
Influence[edit | edit source]
A Vampire can be influenced to bite a Sim's neck, at the cost of 1000 influence points. It is only likely to be successful if a Grand Vampire is influenced to do the biting.
Using a cheat to make a Vampire[edit | edit source]
A player who wants a Sim to become a Vampire can also cheat to accomplish it. It's much easier than trying to find the "Grand Vampires" and the cheat enables players to make Sims into Vampires in any of The Sims 2 expansions as well as The Sims Life Stories.
- Press ctrl-shift-C to open up the cheat window and type:
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
- When the cheat is enabled, just hold the "Shift" button down while left-clicking on a Sim. Many new options will appear. Select the option labeled "Make Vampire", and the Sim will instantly become a Vampire.
When this is done, the cheat above changes from "Make Vampire" to "Cure Vampire", but unfortunately this does not work. Using "Cure Vampire" will produce the clicking sound that signifies the change, but the Sim will remain a vampire. Once a Sim is a vampire, he or she cannot be cured except by drinking the Vamprocillin-D potion, which can be bought from the Gypsy Matchmaker.
By mod[edit | edit source]
This mod will turn a Sim easily into a Vampire and any other Life States.
- After Late Night or Supernatural is installed, vampires will spawn in every neighborhood, but it is much easier to look for them in Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls.
- Choose/create a normal sim. You may want to create a sim with darker skin than you really want, as the skin color will become lighter, and a very pale sim may look green under some lights.
- Get a vampire to at least Friend status. If you want to see a bite to the neck, the vampire has to be a boy/girlfriend or higher.
- Make sure there are no more than 3 sims in the same room, other than the vampire.
- Use the Ask to Turn interaction on the vampire to get the sim bitten.
- Wait 2 days. During this time, you will get messages about the bite itching and feeling strange.
- If you do not want to wait 2 days, you can use the Moodlet Manager to Cure the bitten sim. This instantly turns them into a vampire.
Supernatural adds two additional methods:
- Vampires can be created straight from Create a Sim using the supernatural selector.
- A sim with level 7 alchemy can brew a Bottled Vampire's Bite elixir, which, when used, will instantly transform the target into a vampire. The elixir may also be on sale at the Elixir consignment store.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Vampires in The Sims: Makin' Magic are purely cosmetic.
- Vampires in Bridgeport are very easy to find, and there are almost always 1 or 2 at the Plasma 501.
- Vampirism is inheritable in Late Night, so children have a 50/50 percent chance to be born as vampires if one parent is a vampire, and will be vampires if both parents are vampires.