I was looking at some of our forum games and realized that only TPBM is active... kind of. I decided to make a new game, related to The Sims. Now, I don’t know if it’s fun or not it’s yours to judge. The game is extremely simple. I start the game with a word which I don’t reveal. I give out 1 clue. The first one who guesses correctly wins, and gets to choose the next word. If someone doesn't get it after a while I added only 1 clue then. After I add 3 clues like that and nobody guesses, I reveal the word.
What’s the point of the game if it’s just guessing or choosing?
Well, the person who wins the most in a month (or more, depending on popularity) will get a (worthless) userbox and plus a rose on their userpage.
What are the rules?
- You put one clue at first, and after each wrong guess you add another one. You reveal the word if nobody guessed after 4 clues. You reveal the word if someone hasn't guessed for a longer time. The next person who thinks of a word is randomly guessed.
- You're only allowed to guess twice, once in a post.
- Users cannot change their word in the middle of the game.
- To make the game more interesting, one can put the word to be a name of a Sim from the series.
- Try to be fair. Don’t reveal the word via chat messaging, notices on user pages etc.
- The word doesn’t have to be related with The Sims, but it’s prefered.
- The word must be at least 3 letters long. It can be a known phrase or a compound word.
- The word cannot be inappropriate (words related to sex or drugs, for example).
Okay, I thought of a word. Here are the clues.
- It can appear in 4 forms.
- It appeared in The Sims series twice now.
- It was in a battle.
First off, I'm thinking you might want to start off giving only one clue, then working up to 3 if/when no one gets it. The first clue you gave narrowed down the list of words substantially, but the other two pretty much confirmed the answer. In the meantime, I'll stick with the '3 clues' rule.
- It is a special form of money
- It is featured in one game
- Sims carry it in their inventory
- To that end I would have guess it is the ancient Coins from Sims 3: World Adventures, but then those coins are not carried in the inventory. Is it MagiCoin from Making Magic? MILK FOR THE UNYUUFEX, FLAT CHEST FOR THE CUTENESS THRONE, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL PROBES (user talk:Mathetesalexandrou) 22:50, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
Indeed? Now sticking to the 3 clue like everyone else,
- It is featured in all of the main series game at one point.
- It is introduced only through expansion pack (it was never introduced in the original main games)
- It is playable in only one game.
- One can also turn into it
- I took your advice and I changed the rules a bit. You give out only 1 clue at first, and another one after each wrong answer. You can only give out 4 clues at total. The second one is that you can only guess once per post, and you only have 2 guesses available. The new guessing rule starts now, and the new clue rule takes affect as soon as we figure out Math's word.
- Pets do fall into all the categories I suppose: although I initially believed pets could be controlled in Sims 2. However, it was not the answer I was looking for. Added another hint. MILK FOR THE UNYUUFEX, FLAT CHEST FOR THE CUTENESS THRONE, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL PROBES (user talk:Mathetesalexandrou) 20:44, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
I'm guessing the Supernatural Character's from The Sims 3?
--Fanboy123 21:35, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
No, no, no I'm guessing it IS the Orangutan
Unfortunately, No. A personal hint: I only have one of the trilogy games. Use that to make greater use of one of the hints. MILK FOR THE UNYUUFEX, FLAT CHEST FOR THE CUTENESS THRONE, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL PROBES (user talk:Mathetesalexandrou) 22:37, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Is it a Genie? Tiezel (talk) 22:33, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- And 'tis the answer I wanted. It is thy turn, Tiezel. MILK FOR THE UNYUUFEX, FLAT CHEST FOR THE CUTENESS THRONE, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL PROBES (user talk:Mathetesalexandrou) 02:04, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
Ok so one hint now right?
- Every Sim will be one during his or her life.
- It's available in every The Sims game.
- So it's a life stage obviously... Since every Sim was that I'm guessing it's... baby? Vss2eiptalk here 20:23, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
- You narrowed it down quite a bit. I'm going to use my last guess to say child. Vss2eiptalk here 20:48, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
This is easy.
- It's a female Sim living close to Don Lothario, but she has no important relationship with him. Vss2eiptalk here 21:02, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Cassandra Goth??Dina or Nina Caliente?? Kaylyn Langerak???? --SaraRomania1
- One guess per post, please. I'm letting you keep your 2 guesses for now, but please use your guesses wisely next time. ;) Vss2eiptalk here 19:10, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, it looks like LostInRiverview is not here so yeah... --Fanboy123 00:00, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm guessing LiR didn't see this, but I won't complicate and make this even more longer. Fanboy123, you go now. It's only fair since you've been absent for some time. Caviawheek here 20:42, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, Thank you.
- It is a NPC that came with an expansion pack
try and guess that one. ;) --Fanboy123 01:49, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Holy cow, that's vague. I'm gonna take a random punt here and say Shyla Curtis. ~ Waikikamukow (Anyone wanna chat?) 02:19, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
okay. The last clue
- Its in Sims 2 only
--Fanboy123 03:26, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- This is still pretty vague. Possibly the Unsavory Charlatan? - LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 04:43, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
mmm... So close! But no. --Fanboy123 20:12, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Aw geez, I don't play TS2, but I'm gonna go for the beans and say the Penguin from Seasons, because I love penguins. :) PGR7 (hablar - escuchar) 22:02, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
You were so close also but nope! here, another clue.
- He helps another NPC in a way.
--Fanboy123 23:48, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I'll take another stab at it... Could it be the Obedience Trainer? My reasoning is that the Obedience Trainer trains pets, which themselves are NPCs, in a manner of speaking. It's probably not right but, in my defense, this question is pretty hard. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 00:16, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
You were right!!! Its your turn now! ;) --Fanboy123 00:45, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
Ok, I think I've got one. I was featured in an expansion pack, and was then available in the TS3 store. What am I? My apologies if this is terribly vague/difficult. - LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 00:50, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
I dont go on the store that much so im just taking a guess here. Is it The Sims 3: 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff? Fanboy123 02:49, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
Good guess, but not correct. Hint number three: I can sometimes kill Sims, though it can be prevented (this applies to the version featured in an Expansion Pack only, not the store version). -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 05:24, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
- How come? >.< Then it has to be the Wishing well. Cavia (wheek • speak) 17:52, February 26, 2013 (UTC)
FINALLY I CAN EDIT!!!
- I was featured in two series only - The Sims and The Sims 3. Cavia (wheek • speak) 19:31, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
- This could be so many things. And since players only get two guesses, I'm not going to waste one of mine on something which could literally be anything. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 19:35, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Edit: Never mind... I misread the clue. I don't have a guess, though. At least, not right now. -- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 19:38, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I didn't even realize it was March... Still, I do admit my clue was vague... Here's another one:
- I was featured in expansion packs, but those expansion packs didn't have the same theme.
Okay, I'm gonna say Magic. That is probably not right.
--Fanboy123 21:50, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
How about the Fairy? It was introduced in The Sims 3: Supernatural for Sims 3 and Faerie Queen Mara was in The Sims: Makin' Magic for TS1. It's possible, but still the clues are so vague... PGR7 (hablar - escuchar) 23:55, March 1, 2013 (UTC)
No, no and no.
- I'm an object, but I can't be bought. I can be made in The Sims 3 expansion pack, however. Cavia (wheek • speak) 11:20, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure about this one because I don't know if it can be classified as an object. Is it Nectar? ~ Waikikamukow (Anyone wanna chat?) 11:38, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Last clue: Sims can sleep sleep in me, and even WooHoo! Cavia (wheek • speak) 13:45, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
Awesome. First clue:
- It is a lot assignment in The Sims 3. ~ Waikikamukow (Anyone wanna chat?) 23:20, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
- I presume it's one of them Late Night clubs? I shall put my bet on Exclusive Lounge MILK FOR THE UNYUUFEX, FLAT CHEST FOR THE CUTENESS THRONE, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL PROBES (user talk:Mathetesalexandrou) 23:41, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm gonna go with the Fishing Hole. But it's kinda vague because it doesn't say if it's from an Expansion Pack or whatever. PGR7 (hablar - escuchar) 23:44, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry, I was being a bit vague, but I didn't want it to be guessed right away! Anyway, those were both incorrect. Second clue:
- It's objects are tailored to a certain life state. ~ Waikikamukow (Anyone wanna chat?) 00:10, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Gosh, This is hard! I dont even know what it is! --Fangirl4545 01:38, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Well then, it could be the Arboretum, but I'm gonna go with the Vampire Hangout. PGR7 (hablar - escuchar) 01:48, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
I dont think Pidge saw this. ~Fangirl4545
- I don't want to make this game longer, so, Waikikamukow, your turn. Sorry, Pidge. :( Cavia (wheek • speak) 19:13, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
- If Waikikamukow doesn't want to go again, I'd happily take her place... I haven't logged on recently due to being overworked.... so sorry for delaying the game :( PGR7 (hablar - escuchar) 01:28, March 15, 2013 (UTC)
Yay! Thanks guys! I was looking forward to it. Alrighty then, Clue One is:
- I was featured only in TS1 and TS3, and my life state isn't exactly a life state. PGR7 (hablar - escuchar) 01:16, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Hello, Please can I join this game. I think I know what the Life state is. Is it a fairy? Jason 10:49, March 23, 2013 (UTC)
- My final guess is Bonehilda. Jason [ Talk to me! ] 17:37, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
Mine isn't really an object but here it is...:
- That is so obvious, its the always on online feature, always needing internet connection one 19:42, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry its my go, was going to think of one. But forget, can somone take my turn? 10:49, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
I think I'll give this a go... seems fun :D