|Game||The Sims 3: Ambitions|
The Floor Hygienator is an object in The Sims 3: Ambitions. They can be built by Sims in who have the Inventing skill, and will often be the first of the Big Inventions to be created. They can sometimes be found for sale at the Consignment store.
These objects must be placed on the floor, and when Sims step over it a burst of mist is ejected. This mist replenishes some of the Sim's hygiene. It then waits 7 seconds before ejecting another mist. It comes in three selectable scents, each of which has a unique color:
- Shower Fresh Unscented (White)
- Scientific Refresher (Blue)
- Happy Day Potpourri (Pink)
The Floor Hygienator can be carried around in a Sim's inventory and placed almost anywhere, including under objects, under carpets and on community lots. It is recommended to place Floor Hygienators in places that Sims cross often or spend a lot of time in. However, there is a certain risk in this as Floor Hygienators that are not created by Sims with the "Master Inventor" Skill Challenge completed can backfire and make Sims nauseous, causing them to vomit, as well as noticeably lowering their Hygiene.
- They can be grouped in tightly knit formations for additional effect.
- Sims might also get the New Car Smell and Minty Breath moodlets. They may also get the moodlet Feeling Calm if they do not have the Neurotic trait.
- Some Sims with certain Traits get a bonus moodlet; for example, those with the Genius trait get the Fascinated moodlet. On the other hand, there are also Traits that produce negative reactions to Floor Hygienators; for example, Neurotic Sims get a Scared moodlet from them. Additionally, Sims with certain Traits may also get additional positive or negative moodlets depending on the scent selected.
- Master Floor Hygienators, created by Inventors who have completed the "Master Inventor" Skill Challenge, are incredibly useful to Sims training on exercise machines or breaking boards, as having two to three Floor Hygienators under them can completely offset the Hygiene drain that naturally results from participating in those activities, with no fear of backfiring.
- Placing a Floor Hygienator or two near a crib will give the baby/toddler in that crib a moodlet everytime someone else walks over it which is handy for keeping their moods up.
- This will also eliminate the need to change a baby's diaper when their bladder need fails.
- Another good place to place it is the front door.
- Try placing under a Sim's bed for a nightly cleaning.
- Building these en-masse is a good strategy for quickly and cheaply completing the "Master Inventor" challenge.