|Education and employment|
|Career||Creator of Worlds|
|Parents||Ansel Moneygrubb, Dahlia Widowschilde|
|Siblings||Coquetta Harp , Raziel Moneygrubb|
|Children||Carver Wordsmith , Elyon Wordsmith|
|Clubs||The Pen is Mightier|
|Game||The Sims 4|
|Write a Review!|
Mason Wordsmith (né Moneygrubb) AKA "M.B. Wordsmith", is an original sim (creation of LexxBlix/AedanStarfang) residing in Newcrest in the Sims 4. He is a famous author of crime and mystery fiction and is a member of the prestigious Moneygrubb Family, though he and his kin prefer to use the pseudonym "Wordsmith" as their household name. He is best friends forever with his cousin Draven Bloodshy, and good friends with his Father, siblings and immediate family. He has a slightly negative relationship with Queenie Ètrange, his former abductor.
Life Leading up to the Sims 4Edit
Before the start of the game, Mason is a teenager living with his siblings at Moneygrubb Manor in Newcrest. He attends Buckingham High School as a senior, and has several classes with Oblivia Poe, and the two eventually found themselves enjoying one another's company. Not long after his graduation, Oblivia became pregnant with their first child Carver. Oblivia and Mason decided to keep their relationship and pregnancy as secret from his hot-headed father, Ansel, who would most certainly disown Mason for such a scandalous affair.
Eventually Mason was forced to move back in with his father, at the new Moneygrubb Manor, now at Rippling Flats. During this time Mason had been submitting and self-publishing his own written works, and had built up enough acclaim to become a celebrity and earned a lucrative book deal. Mason and Oblivia came clean to Ansel, who while surprised was otherwise happy and enthused with the revelation, and gave them his blessing. Mason proposed to Oblivia, and the two were hastily wed and planned to move to a much larger lot to accommodate a budding family. Ansel offered to give them "Avarice Acres", a lot located across the street from his own home, under the condition that he pay for construction of their new house as a late wedding gift.
At this time Mason had altered his household name to "Wordsmith", his pseudonym. Carver was born not long after most of his younger aunts and uncles, as such he became good friends with Corvus and the twins Edgar and Allen Moneygrubb. Mason had been hyping up his latest mystery novel; "Why Sims Thrill", and was on a book tour when he was abducted by aliens and impregnated, and returned to Oblivia days later with an obvious "baby bump" much to the latter's amusement. Eventually Elyon was born, an alien boy whose human form resembled his father, while his alien form resembled his mother. Mason adored his newborn son, but was tense and unnerved around the baby's mother for obvious reasons.
Years and many successful novel sales later, Mason has become a "tour de force" in the literary community and is now a proper 4-star celebrity. He brings home a nice salary to keep his family supported and his beautiful home maintained.
The Sims 4Edit
Previously to the main Sims 4 canon, Mason and his sister Coquetta were vampires, both had red eyes, the evil trait were employed in the criminal career and used the creepy walking style. The siblings also shared a house with Demeterus Sprout, Amaranth Lachance, Nebula Boolean, Draven Bloodshy and Tungsten Black in addition to their younger brother Raziel Moneygrubb. All of these details were dropped except for the latter, which was retained and repackaged into the Moneygrubb Roommates household.
By the start of the Sims 4 Proper, both of Mason's sons are students at Buckingham High School, and his wife has become a "stay-at-home mom". Mason is at this point an accomplished and much sought after writer, and is the envy of every writer's block accursed sim in Newcrest. After years of internalized deliberation, Mason decided to finally write a saga detailing his own experiences with alien abduction and subsequent "probing", and the life style changes that come with.
- Oblivia Poe - Wife
- Carver Wordsmith - Son
- Elyon Wordsmith - Son
- Ansel Moneygrubb - Father
- Dahlia Widowschilde - Mother
- Coquetta Harp - Sister
- Christian Harp - Brother-in-Law
- Jasper Harp - Nephew
- Raziel Moneygrubb - Brother
- Nephilim Moneygrubb - Sister
- Junior Moneygrubb - Brother
- Edgar Moneygrubb - Brother
- Allen Moneygrubb - Brother
- Seraphina Moneygrubb - Sister
- Maximus Moneygrubb - Uncle
- Violetta Moneygrubb - Aunt
- Draven Bloodshy - First Cousin
- Corvus Moneygrubb - First Cousin
- Derby Moneygrubb - First Cousin
- Percival Moneygrubb - Grandfather
- Petunia Moneygrubb - Grandmother
- Mason is a noun denoting a builder and/or a stoneworker.
- Mason along with his siblings were originally depicted as being vampires, they all had red eyes, deathly pale skin, used the creepy walk style and lived in the basement of the prototype Moneygrubb Mansion (called 'Bloodshy Manor') and was a Bloodshy instead of Moneygrubb.
- Mason's complexion is so pale due to two reasons; one being a grew up a recluse who would sequester himself with his books (much like his wife Oblivia), and he likely inherited it from his mother Dahlia who is also extremely pale.
- Originally Mason was a criminal like his father, but lacking the evil trait and any desire to commit crimes he quit to become an accomplished novelist.
- Mason's favorite color is black and he has a deep appreciation for Victorian Era and Gothic furnishings.
- Mason's favorite music genre is Classical, despite Electronica being played on the family console 90% of the time.