Kelly Anne DeWitt is a noted scientist, engineer, and astronomer. She is also a famed builder of plumbots and more recently devised an easier method of cloning objects.
Early life (Sims 4)Edit
Little is known about DeWitt's childhood, but according to the records, Kelly was born in Oasis Springs, a small desert town just outside of the glistening city of Lucky Palms. Her parents were both scientists; it is assumed that she inherited her abilities from them. All sources agree on both her intellectual brilliance and her eccentricity. What is clear is that her potential was noted at an early age, and her education was thus begun swiftly. In her teen years she began experiments with robotics and contacting aliens with her observatory and her satellite dish.
When she made contact with aliens, most of the other sims in the neighborhood mysteriously disappeared. No one ever found out what happened to them.
She began working after school at the FutureSim labs just outside of Oasis Springs. As a young adult, she was promoted to a full-time scientist at the lab.
While working as a scientist at the lab, she developed a freeze ray, a satellite dish, and synthesized food, among other inventions. For her achievements, she was promoted to lead scientist, where she led a team of researchers working on rockets, alien contact, and creature to robot DNA. She even took her first tentative steps onto planet Sixam.
Outside of work, she became active in Oasis Springs' fledgling club scene. She became the leader of a club devoted to sims in the science career, where she and her co-workers socialized after hours. She also became a member of the Guild of Gamers, as she was an avid gamer and enjoyed playing Blicblock and Sims Forever well into the night. Finally, she led a group devoted to the training of future scientists, mostly teenagers, allowing them to gain skills in logic and rocket science, among others.
Ms. DeWitt is an open lesbian. She came out to her parents as a teenager.
Later life (Sims 3)Edit
Kelly would eventually leave Oasis Springs and FutureSim Labs behind. The bulk of DeWitt's work and accomplishments took place after she stopped working at FutureSim and joined the bustling Lunar Lakes research colony. At first she worked as a lead scientist at the Perigee, but eventually she built her own laboratory with state of the art equipment and conducted her own research.
At first she experimented with artificial intelligence using simbots but then, frustrated with their limitations, began experimentation with more advanced circuitry. She continued working with plumbots until she managed to build one with sentience - and for that she received the Renowned Plumboticist legacy statue from the Time Traveler, Emit Relevart.
She now splits her time between her home in Lunar Lakes and a second home she is building in Oasis Landing. She lives with her partner, Nicole, an astronomer and fellow scientist; Nicole's sister Cassie, and her son.
- The Sims 4 version of Kelly uses a converted base game male hairstyle. The June 2, 2016 patch did away with gender restrictions, so the custom-content hairstyle she initially used was removed. Kelly was created before this patch.
- I decided to make the Sims 4 version a prequel since Lunar Lakes, where Kelly lives in Sims 3, takes place sometime in the future.
- The sims who disappeared after Kelly contacted aliens is a reference to the culling that occurs once a town reaches a certain number of sims.
- Kelly became extremely wealthy in Sims 3 because of her scientific work and a winning lottery ticket.
- Kelly is highly educated despite never attending college.
- The Sims 4 version is actually a teenager, but in order for her to work at the science lab, I had to make her a young adult.
- The young actress Kaydence Plumb professes to be a huge fan of her work; in fact, she traveled to Aurora Skies along with her cousin, Sierra Cheesman, to hear her speak at a technology convention.
- Women cannot get alien pregnant normally. I used a mod that gives women a chance of becoming alien pregnant.