Evil Sims love the dark, take great delight in the misfortune of others and prefer to lead a life of as far away from goodness as possible.
Advantages and disadvantages
Evil is the recommended trait for the Criminal career and allows players to choose the Lifetime Wishes of the criminal career (evil or thief). Similar to the good trait, evil Sims can donate money for a positive moodlet, but the money is given for the purpose of sabotaging the charity. While it does have one conflict, evil Sims will get along with most Sims. In addition, evil Sims can steal candy from a baby, troll on the forums and get the "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet when misfortune strikes nearby Sims. A Sim with the evil trait does not get the "It's Dark" moodlet if in a room without light unless they have the coward trait.
Despite conflicting with good, evil Sims can still use "mastermind plot" on good Sims.
- Sim will get a "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet when misfortune strikes nearby Sims!
- Sim doesn't mind a lack of light, a dark lair is welcome!
- Sim will excel in the criminal career track.
- Sim will fare well in most fights.
- Evil Sims cruelly enjoy harassing other Sims when misfortune strikes them, such as mocking a Sim who died known to the other Sim, or teasing a Sim for not reaching the toilet in time. Other evil Sims and mean spirited Sims, however, enjoy listening to the mocking.
- In The Sims 3: Showtime, an evil Sim can ask the genie for World Misery instead of World Peace like Sims without the evil trait.
- If mermaids have the evil trait, they have the special ability to Summon Sharks.[TS3:IP]
- If witches from The Sims 3: Supernatural have the evil trait, they can summon poisoned apples by command, whereas regular witches can choose to summon normal apples and only summon a poisoned one by accident.
- An evil Sim will always laugh when mourning a dying Sim who was unfriendly or was their enemy, but will cry if the Sim who has died was part of their household or was their friend. Regardless, witnessing a dying Sim will give them the "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet for a few hours. Evil Sims also gain a slight fun boost from watching non-friends and non-household members die.
- The Sim can steal candy from newborns and toddlers. Stealing candies may cause Sims to slowly gain weight.
- Other Sims will be cautious around evil Sims once the trait is discovered, good Sims or Sims in the Law Enforcement career track especially so.
- The Sim can donate to undermine charities once a day by clicking on the mailbox.
- The Sim can do many things with an evil twist, such as "Wash hands with evil soap", or "Do evil dance". However, it doesn't have any impact in gameplay.
- The Sim has a keen interest in death, as they will often have wishes to visit the graveyard, see a ghost, or see the ghost of a living Sim. Usually the wish to see a ghost of a living Sim appears when the evil Sim and the opposing Sim aren't getting along very well.
- Evil Sims and Mean Spirited Sims tend to get along, unless the mean spirited Sim has the good trait.
- Sometimes when walking into a room, an evil Sim will rub his or her hands together and laugh maniacally.
- Evil Sims are immune to the "Creepy Graveyard" moodlet, and aren't scared of vampires, or bugs. Evil Sims will still be disturbed by ghosts, unless they have another trait like brave, party animal or daredevil alongside it.
- Evil Sims can "Shakedown" other Sims for money.[TS3:SN]
- If an Evil Sim comes across a Sim who has caught their partner cheating in front of them, they will always point and laugh at that Sim.
- Originally, a bug allowed evil Sims to get the "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet from their own suffering or minor instances of suffering such as exposing sims to a gross environment or having low hygiene. It has been fixed in previous patches.
- Evil Sims never get the "Upset" moodlet when fighting with a friend or family member, instead they will wish to see their ghost.
- Evil Sims have trouble befriending unicorns, and the relationship between the evil Sim and the Unicorn will decay faster.
- While evil Sims would usually cheer when they are nearby a Sim who is the Emperor of Evil, evil Sims who also have the family-oriented or friendly traits will still be angry with the Emperor and boo them. They share this with mean spirited Sims who can have the family-oriented or good traits.
- Evil Sims will autonomously "Shoo Off" cats sitting on furniture, even if the cat is asleep.
- Evil Sims often wish to befriend other evil Sims upon discovering that they both share the evil trait.
- Evil Sims tend to talk maliciously when gossiping about other Sims' misfortune around the neighborhood. They share this with inappropriate and mean spirited Sims.
- Evil Sims strongly benefit from undertaking a Business major while studying at college.[TS3:UL]
- Evil Sims tend to resist questioning from Law Enforcement, requiring a stronger relationship to comply (about 40, friendship, versus 20 for a normal Sim). A refusal to questioning can reveal the evil trait.
- Become a Master Thief
- The Emperor/Empress of Evil
- Gold Digger
Objects That Receive An Evil Twist
List shows the object followed by the interaction.
- Eat quick meal fiendishly
- Read something maniacal
- Wash hands with evil soap
- Take evil bath
- Take evil shower
- Take wicked bubble bath
- Troll on forum
- Evil dance
- Evil Slumber
- Practice domination of the world speech
- Observe Evil Astronomical Happenings
- Donate to undermine the ocean
- Donate to undermine underprivileged llamas
- Donate to undermine secret squid society
- Most vampires have this trait but Wogan Hemlock and a few others do not.
- The original icon of the Evil trait appears to be the same, but with horns. This version appears in The Sims 3 for console.
- If a Sim dies of mummy curse, they will be given the Evil trait, replacing another trait if necessary.
Pre-made Evil Sims
See also Category:Evil Sims