Edit Town is a powerful game mode in The Sims 3, which allows the player to edit and customize the neighborhood in the active saved game file. Edit Town lets the player control many aspects of the neighborhood outside of the currently-active household, including lot assignment, and allows the player to enter Buy Mode and Build Mode on neighborhood lots, even on community lots. This mode largely takes the place of the Neighborhood menu available in The Sims and The Sims 2.
The player can enter the edit town by opening up the options menu in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- If the player owns community lots, this is a good way to renovate for more stars without paying a Simoleon.
- In the Edit Town mode, the player can also create a new family and place a copy of it or of existing one from library to world. Later, the player can switch from instantly playing family to control another one using Edit Town.
- The player can enter Edit Town of all neighborhoods and sub-neighborhoods that comes with expansion packs or from Store in The Sims 3.
- As of patch 1.12, the player can add, delete and move residential lots, comunity lots and neighborhood decorative objects from the Edit Town menu.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.