- Not to be confused with Dog lover.
Dog person is a Sim trait introduced with The Sims 3: Pets expansion pack. It conflicts with Animal Lover, Cat Person, and Equestrian.
Sims with the Dog Person trait have an extra special relationship with their dogs.
- A dog person Sim builds relationships with dogs very quickly.
- Training in traits and teaching the Sim's dog Hunting and commands is much quicker for Dog Persons.
- The Sim prefers to socialize with dogs over Sims and will also gain more fun and social from it.
- A death of a dog will affect the Sim in a more profound way.
- Sims with the Dog Person trait may get a negative moodlet to see a dog's ghost.
- Sims with the Dog Person trait will get a strong "Mourning" moodlet from the death of a dog in the household, -60 in comparison to the usual -40 that the death of a pet gives.
- When interacting with dogs, The Sim gains a positive (+10) moodlet called 'Dog Playtime'.
- When a Sim has the dog person trait, the first Lifetime wish is "The Canine Companion".
Examples of pre-made Dog people
Hailey Shepherd, Vera Blackburn, Josy Clover.
- See also: Category:Dog people