Sims that dislike children do not want to have anything to do with children. No talking, no playing and certainly no reproduction.
- Sims will not enjoy being on lots with children.
- Sims that dislike children will react negatively to talking about children.
- Sims will often reject social interactions from children.
- Sims will get a negative moodlet from socializing with children, holding, or taking care of babies.
- Sims will autonomously use mean interactions on children.
- If The Sims 3: Generations is not installed, this trait conflicts with Childish and Family-Oriented.
- Sims will be able to "Shoo" children.
- Sims are able to "gripe children".
- Dislikes Children is tied with the Couch Potato and Easy Going traits, for having the larger number of conflicts in the game. The trait conflicts with the three traits Family-Oriented, Childish and Nurturing.
- SimBots and Mummies are not effected by Dislikes Children as Children do not exist on Mummies and SimBots. However, Humans and Vampires that are children or toddlers will be effected by Dislikes Children if the SimBot or Mummy has this trait.[clarification needed]
- Mummies and SimBots who have the Family-Oriented, Childish or Nurturing[TS3:G] traits will conflict with Dislikes Children if a Mummy or SimBot has that trait. Same thing would happen with Humans and Vampires with Dislikes Children if SimBots and Mummies have the conflicting traits.[clarification needed]