The Create a World tool gives the player the ability to create and share unique new worlds for The Sims 3.
It allows players to create custom neighborhoods, just like in The Sims 2, although in a more in-depth way. It was released on December 16, 2009 and is available to download for free from TheSims3.com if you have an account there. It is only available on the PC. It is similar to the terraforming tools in SimCity 4, which were used to create custom neighborhoods for The Sims 2. This means that some of the features in Create a World are not simple to use and may not be very user-friendly. You can download or upload worlds on The Exchange. It is only possible to create populated worlds by sharing save game folders or by using mods to add Sims to the world file. A fully patched version of The Sims 3 is needed in order to use this tool.
Create a World allows players to design entire new neighborhoods, starting with a blank canvas, or modifying the terrains that formed the basis of Sunset Valley or Riverview. For advanced designers can create and import designs from Photoshop and other graphics programs. Players can create small, medium and large sized terrains, composed of multiple "chunks". Players can only use a maximum of eight terrain paints per chunk before negatively impacting the neighbourhood's performance. Players can spray on custom terrain paints like lava, snow or even pink cotton candy.
Users can drastically expand the available content for their neighbourhoods by installing expansion packs for The Sims 3. Some expansion pack content can only be accessed by installing a mods framework for Create a World. Players can set restricted lot assignments in CAW, allowing for nectaries and academies in home worlds.
Download the latest version from EA's official CAW page. Only the latest version is required, no patching necessary. The tool will likely not be updated in the future due to the release of The Sims 4.
The newest release is always at the top.
|Date||Type||From||To||Direct EA Link||Mirror ||Coincide||Announcement|
|08/03/12||Re-Release||1.13||SimPrograms||Patch ...||Game Update for: 1.29|
|09/09/10||Re-Release||1.9.16||SimPrograms||Patch 15||Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3|
|07/09/10||Re-Release||1.9.14||Patch 14||Create a World fix for Game Update 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2|
|03/23/10||Patch||1.5.126||1.6.72||Download||Patch 11||Game Update for: Create a World Tool Beta V1.6|
|12/16/09||Release||1.5.126||Patch 8||The Sims 3 Create a World Tool - Beta is now available!|
- Placing lots over roads will cause graphical glitches.
- Patches created an error whenever CAW is run. Players must uninstall, download and install a new version of CAW at TheSims3.com.
- The Create a World tool will not work with the Steam version of the game. Fixing this issue requires editing the Windows registry.
- The Sims 3 Create A World Tool
- Worlds Exchange at TheSims3.com
- TSR Create A World Preview
- CAW tool: Step-by-Step guide by Krrank
- ↑ http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Populating_CAW_Worlds
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Sims Wiki can not be held responsible for any errors occuring from downloading files from 3rd party source. Use at your own risk.