trait in The Sims 4. It conflicts with the snob, evil, and hates children traits. It is only available for teens and older. The childish trait allows teenage and adult Sims to play with toys, Teddy bears, and Dollhouses as if they were children, and gives them positive moodlets for doing so. They also enjoy playing with children and watching the Kids Network on television, and will get positive moodlets from that too.
While this trait does allow adult and teen Sims to do a number of actions that are normally child-only, there are some child things that childish Sims still can't do. For example, they can not get Monsters under bed, nor are they able to see the monsters under childrens' beds, but they can still spray the monsters as any older Sim can do. They also can not go to grade school, gain levels in any child-only skill, or use the child-only interactions with the Computer like browsing kid-friendly websites or chatting in the kids' forums. They also can not play with the Voidcritter Battle Station[TS4:KRS] or see the full battle effects like kids do.
"These Sims gain powerful moodlets from watching the Kids Network, become playful when playing with children, and become happy when playing with children's toys."
- Childish Sims get a brief happiness moodlet from watching the Kids' Network.
- Childish Sims can raise their own fun and get the playful buff while playing with toys and children.
- They get happy for 4 hours from hugging a stuffed animal.
- They can raise their social skill from talking to toys, and have relationship levels with stuffed animals.
- Like children and toddlers, they can get the sad "Poor Dolls" moodlet from being near a smashed dollhouse.
- Watch the kids network on TV