Brave Sims are fearless individuals that will fight fires, wrangle burglars and work to protect those around them.
Advantages and disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
Brave Sims are never scared and if there's a fire, they will put it out. They also deal with burglars. With a Sim or vampire, it can be useful when exploring tombs as they won't be scared by bugs and never get the "Fear" moodlet. They won't be scared by ghosts and vampires (Which vampires cause the "Hunted" moodlet). This trait is useful for Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighter and Ghost Hunter careers. Simbots always start with this trait and have the above effects like Sims and vampires do. As SimBots start as brave, players should be wary of Sims or vampires with the coward or loser traits, since these traits conflict with brave.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
If Supernatural is installed, brave Sims will confront vampires and "Accuse (them) of Being a Vampire" which is a mean interaction, leading to an automatic confession which can and will anger a brave Sim who also has the supernatural skeptic trait, or otherwise lead to the brave Sim "Feeling Awkward".
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- A brave Sim will never panic, even in emergencies (unless there's an earthquake). If there is a fire they will put it out rather than panic, allowing them to handle it more easily. They also will autonomously put out other Sims who are on fire, and will autonomously look for a nearby shower if they are set on fire themselves.
- Brave Sims have the "Fight" interaction available when a burglar appears, allowing the Sim to handle the burglar without needing to rely on the police.
- Brave Sims will perform better than other Sims in the Military, Law Enforcement and Firefighter[TS3:A] careers.
- Brave Sims have a higher chance of winning fights, much like Evil and Mean Spirited Sims.
- Brave Sims occasionally have the unique option to allow the player to make the brave Sim pressure their bosses into giving them raises while at work. This option may be successful only if the brave Sim has a high job performance metric and a good relationship with the boss, while failure may cause a drop in their job performance.
- Brave Sims prefer to watch the action channel on the television.
Related careers[edit | edit source]
Possible Lifetime Wishes[edit | edit source]
- Become an Astronaut
- International Super Spy
- Great Explorer
- Physical Perfection
- Paranormal Profiteer
- Firefighter Super Hero
- Master Magician
- Alchemy Artisan
- Seaside Savior
- Made the Most of my Time
Player notes[edit | edit source]
- Brave Sims have better luck asking their bosses for raises.[confirmation needed]
- Brave Sims are more likely to overcome obstacles like traps when exploring tombs in World Adventures.
- Brave Sims will not be scared by ghosts, nor will they be disgusted by SimBots. [TS3:A]
- Brave Sims will not experience the "Creepy Graveyard" moodlet when visiting the cemetery at night.
- Brave Sims will never get the "Fear" moodlet. [TS3:WA]
- SimBots always start with this trait. [TS3:A]
- Brave Sims strongly benefit from undertaking a Technology major while studying at college.[TS3:UL]
Examples of pre-made brave Sims[edit | edit source]