Bouncers are NPCs that appear in The Urbz: Sims in the City, The Sims 3: Late Night and The Sims 4: Get Famous. They stand in front of entrances to various celebrity driven community lots to keep non-celebrity Sims away. However, there are many techniques that non-celebrity Sims can use to gain access into these places.
The Urbz: Sims in the CityEdit
In The Urbz: Sims in the City, the player must earn REP and dress (only the shirt is required) according to the districts to get past the bouncer so they can access the midnight party. If the player does not have enough rep, the player will get a message saying the player needs more rep. If the player does have enough rep but isn't wearing the correct shirt, the player is asked to change their clothes.
There is a glitch that can allow player Urbz to get into the VIP room even if they are not legally allowed to enter. The trick involves two player Urbz in the same district.
The bouncer cannot be socialized with in The Urbz: Sims in the City.
The Sims 3: Late NightEdit
Sims can rely on their celebrity status to get into venues, or they can hack, bribe, or sneak their way past a bouncer. Players cannot direct their Sims to flirt with a bouncer in order to gain entry to a venue, though a high relationship with the bouncer can yield access. Sims can use the teleportation pad or zeneportation to simply teleport past the bouncer. Playable ghosts can simply walk through the wall and avoid the bouncer entirely.
Sims may attempt to sneak their way into the club, although they will be reprimanded by the bouncer if they are caught. Bouncers may occasionally leave their post and go inside the club, such as to get a drink; this provides Sims with an excellent opportunity to sneak in without getting caught.
Other ways to sneak in without getting caught include asking the bouncer to pose, or using an accomplice to distract the bouncer. Other life states may be able to use their abilities to disable the bouncer; vampires can hypnotize the bouncer if they are powerful enough, while witches and fairies can use their magic to distract or drive away the bouncer.
The game draws bouncers firstly from the pre-existing pool of homeless Sims in a neighborhood. Sims are randomly assigned as bouncers unless the player uses a mod.
The Sims 4: Get FamousEdit
Bouncers return in The Sims 4: Get Famous. Like previous games, they guard doors to prevent Sims who do not meet a minimum fame level from entering a restricted area (the default level they allow is three stars or higher, but this can be changed by the player). A bouncer is hired for each bouncer door that is placed on a lot, allowing for multiple bouncers at one venue. However venue employees (such as bartenders, baristas, marketstall vendors and massage therapists) are able to get past the bouncer, as they need to get to their place of work (which may be behind a bouncer-guarded door).
Getting past bouncersEdit
Sims who are not famous enough to gain access to a restricted area can try to bribe, convince, or fight bouncers, but all of these interactions have a chance of failing:
- If a Sim chooses to bribe a Bouncer, their chances of being admitted depends on how much they are willing to pay. If the amount is insufficient, the Bouncer will take the bribe and deny entry. However, if the Bribe is very rewarding, the Bouncer will most likely accept the offer and let the Sim in.
- Sims could also try to convince the Bouncer to be let in. If the Sim and the Bouncer are very good friends, the Bouncer will allow the Sim in without much hesitation.
- If a Sim decides to fight the Bouncer, they must have a very high fitness skill as bouncers are very aggressive when fighting. If the Sim lacks appropriate fitness skill, the Bouncer will always win. If the Sim manages to beat the Bouncer, they will be able to get past.
Depending on what content packs the player has installed, there are other ways of getting past them, detailed in the list below:
- Ghosts can float through walls to avoid bouncer doors.
- If Spa Day is installed, Sims with a high wellness skill level can teleport past a bouncer door via meditation.
- Vampires (from Vampires) can sneak past bouncers if they've learned the "Bat Form" or "Mist Form" powers, and spellcasters (from Realm of Magic) can make use of the "Transportalate" spell.
- Alternatively, the player can use testing cheats: Ctrl-click to teleport sims into a bouncer-restricted area.
Once inside, Sims may get caught by paparazzi. Although unknown Sims are unaffected by the consequences of getting caught, lower-star celebrities will be publicly disgraced.