Last week's announcement of The Sims 4: City Living left a lot of unanswered questions about how our Sims would live in this new city. Luckily, over the last couple days more information has come out regarding the function of apartments in City Living.
- Apartments vs penthouses
City Living seems to be walking a line between The Sims 2: Apartment Life and The Sims 3: Late Night with its handling of apartments, by offering both apartments and penthouses. Apartments are part of a larger "apartment shell" building, and up to four apartment units can be part of a single building
The Sims team has released a trailer, detailing many of the new features in apartments in City Living. Take a look:
As always, we are on the lookout for more information abou…
February 4 of 2016 marks the sixteenth anniversary of the release of the original The Sims in North America, and the birth of the The Sims franchise, one of the most successful video game franchises in history! All of us who have played and enjoyed countless hours of The Sims and its sequels have fond memories of this quirky little piece of gaming history.
Sixteen years later, the series is still going, and we have new content arriving all the time, including a new game update and an upcoming stuff pack.
Of course, it wouldn't be a true Sims anniversary without EA getting in on the action. In honor of The Sims 05:19, February 5, 2016 (UTC)
I feel like it was just a while ago that I wrote the announcement blog for The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff... but now, it's here! Yep, the third stuff pack for The Sims 4 is released. The stuff pack consists of a total of 23 objects, 22 clothing pieces, 7 hairstyles, and... 30 ice cream recipes! Between the 23 available objects, there's an ice cream maker, and one kitchen set... When I said one kitchen set, I meant there's only one style of stove, counter set, chair, barstool, and table. There are few kitchen accessories like stove hood and hanging utensil set, but that's not really worth mentioning.
I don't think 1 kitchen set can really make up a "Kitchen Stuff Pack." Even The Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff had 2 sets—and each even…
Does your kitchen look dull? Is your stove too hot to handle? Tired of washing the dishes by hand? Maybe you just want to lay down and eat some ice cream?
Say no more because The Sims 4 is coming with its third stuff pack: The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff! A reminiscent of The Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff, except with less bath and more ice cream, it seems. What you'll expect in this stuff are new hairstyles, new clothes, new food, new kitchen stuff, an ice cream maker, and... a dishwasher! That's right! This basic appliance seems to have been missing since the base game and I still remember people complained how TS4 was so bad for missing this very item, along with swimming pools and babies... See, I always said TS4 was just a ske…
To find out how to qualify to win, read these rules:
- A person must be registered with Wikia and logged-in to be eligible to win. Unregistered users can register here for free.
- Each person may only comment once. People who add more than one comment will be disqualified from winning. Users must be in good standing on The Sims Wiki (i.e. cannot be blocked) at the time the winners are selected, in order to win.
- The Sims Wiki administrators and bureaucrats are ineligible to win.
- In order to be eligible to win, comments must in some way answer the question asked above. Comments which do not answer the question or which are irrelevant will be deleted.
- Comments must follow wiki policies. Comments violating policy may be deleted and the person maki…
Hello Simmers! Today (or yesterday, depending on where you live) we received some news from EA regarding new content for The Sims 4, in the form of a new "game pack" called The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat! Let's break down and digest this news...
There were some rumors that surfaced a couple days ago, around the time of the 9th patch release. These rumors hinted at the upcoming release of a new "game pack" (more on that in a minute) based around camping and traveling. Well, we've been down this road before, so it really wouldn't be a shock that Maxis was working on yet another travel-themed pack. The rumor seemed to pop up rather quickly, but it was just as quickly all-but-confirmed by the major fan websites and even hinted at by The Sims' own Twi…
Hey Simmers! If you weren't one of the lucky few to already get access to the Create a Sim demo for The Sims 4, don't fret – Maxis/EA has made the demo available to the public at large for free.
- To get the demo
- Make sure you have the Origin client downloaded and installed on your machine. If you don't have the Origin client, you can go here to download it. Note that you'll have to create an account with EA to use the client, but if you've registered any EA software titles, you've probably already created an account.
- Once you have Origin installed and launched, go to the Origin Store and go to the Free Games tab, and select 'Demos and Betas'.
- On the next screen, select the The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo and Origin will add the demo to your download…