The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
This is the onomatology (study of names) page for Belladonna Cove.
Belladonna - A combination of "Bella" and "Donna" which -Combined- means "Beautiful Lady" in Italian
Cove - A small sheltered bay
The Baldwin family[edit | edit source]
- Baldwin: "bold friend."
- Benjamin: "son of the south."
- Isabel: "girl," "lass," "sweetheart," "strumpet." Also, a Spanish form of Elizabeth.
- Sofia: from Sophos, "wisdom," "wise," "loving."
- Marcus: related to Mars, Roman god of war.
The Cho family[edit | edit source]
- Cho: East Asian surname possibly from Japanese 蝶 (Butterfly) or Korean 조 (Jo).
- Vivian: English form of French Viviane, meaning "lively".
- Etsu: Japanese name meaning 'delightful'
The Riley family[edit | edit source]
- Riley: Variant spelling of "Reilly"
- Timothy: Comes from the Greek name Τιμόθεος (Timotheos) meaning honouring God, in God's honour, or honored by God.
- Sally: Diminutive of "Sarah".
The Cleveland family[edit | edit source]
- Cleveland: a variant of cliff.
- Jason: From the Greek name Ιασων (Iason), which was derived from Greek ιασθαι (iasthai) "to heal". In Greek mythology Jason was the leader of the Argonauts.
- Marisa: Variant of "Marisa", which is an Italian, Spanish and Portuguese combination of "Maria" and "Luisa".
The Rutherford Household[edit | edit source]
- Rutherford: Originally taken by families who lived near the town of Ruddervoorde, Belgium. It means "a knight's river crossing" in Flemish. The name dates back to the 10th century.
- Geoff: Shortened form of "Geoffrey".
- Weir: ?
- Connor: Variant of Conor, which is an anglicized form of the Gaelic name Conchobhar which means "dog lover" or "wolf lover".
The Contender family[edit | edit source]
- Contender: Meaning "To struggle in opposition", "To strive in rivalry", "Dispute earnestly".
- Carlos: Spanish, Portuguese and Catalan form of "Charles", meaning "Man".
The Cordial family[edit | edit source]
- Cordial: Meaning "Of or for the heart," "heartfelt, from the heart"
- Samantha: Feminization of Samuel meaning "told by God"
- Kimberly: Kimberly is a South African diamond town name
The DeBateau family[edit | edit source]
- DeBateau: French form of "Boat".
- Armand: French form of "Herman" which means "Army Man"
- Tara: Anglicized form of the Irish place name Teamhair, which possibly means "elevated place" in Gaelic.
The Peterson family[edit | edit source]
- Peterson: Means "Son of Peter".
- Jessica: This name was first used in this form by Shakespeare in his play 'The Merchant of Venice' (1596), where it belongs to the daughter of Shylock.
The Patel family[edit | edit source]
- Patel: A South Asian surname, land, unit of land.
- Ana: Shortened form of "Anna".
- Ramir: Catalan form of Ramirus.
The Green Household[edit | edit source]
- Green: Descriptive name for someone who often wore the colour green or someone who lived near the village green.
- Gabriel: From the Hebrew name גַבְרִיאֵל (Gavri'el) meaning "God is my strong man". Gabriel was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition.
- Gere: Variant of Geer, Gehr or Geary, all related to the Old High German element gēr (Old English gār, Old Norse geirr) meaning "spear, arrow".
- Chastitiy: From the English word chastity, which is ultimately from Latin castus "pure".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.