Barnacle Bay is a Neighborhood available for download from The Sims 3 Store . It became available to download on September 23, 2010 before costs 1650 SimPoints, but now the new price is 2000 SimPoints.
It is a pirate themed town and features new Sims, objects, hairstyles, clothing, locations and rabbit holes.
- 57 new Sims and over 25 NPCs including familiar faces and pirates
- According to an XML in the world file, Sims in Barnacle Bay carry preset celebrity data so that when The Sims 3: Late Night is installed a large number of Barnacle Bay Sims are celebrities. Some players have mistaken this for a glitch.
- 18 new items exclusive to this pack
- A unique new diner rabbit hole: Hogan's Deep Sea Diner
- Nina and Dina Caliente from The Sims 2 return.
- The Wanderer's Watering Hole, a park lot perfect for converting into a Late Night drinking venue or a Hangout.
- Barnacle Bay sits in the Simuyan Sea, a large sea in SimNation.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
- Barnacle Beach (Beach)
- Barnacle Boneyard (Graveyard)
- Crowe's Nest Campgrounds (Park)
- Dead Men Tell No Tales Cemetery (Graveyard)
- Founder's Beach (Beach)
- Founder's Park (Park)
- Garden of the Forgotten (Park)
- Goldbeard Galleon Gallery (Art Gallery)
- Goldbeard's Gym (Gym)
- Grace's Garden (Park)
- Hogan's Deep Sea Diner (Diner)
- Jollyboat Plaza (Park)
- Landlubber Bank (Beach)
- Lookout Park (Park)
- Ophelia's Fishing Hole (Fishing Spot)
- Old Pillager's Pond (Fishing Spot)
- Pirate's Hideaway (Park)
- Smuggler's Beach (Beach)
- The Wanderer's Watering Hole (Park)
- Ye Olde Library (Library)
- Annan family 20 Ferry Lane
The Annan house can be a chaotic place as the family is large. However, there is a lot of love in the house, despite the drama.
- Abe family 1449 New Barnacle Blvd.
These two sisters are exact opposites, but in some ways balance each other out. Hopefully they can learn to deal with their differences in a civilized manner.
- Caliente household 25 Coral Flats
The driving personalities in this household are the Caliente sisters who are always fighting, flirting, and generally out to have a raucous party. They are showing Luisa the ways in misbehaving.
- Coastal family 1800 New Barnacle Blvd.
The Coastals adore Barnacle Bay, and their love of the town's history and the island's eco-system is evident in their home.
- Cross family 61 Driftwood Drive
Even though the house is tiny, it is vibrant and full of color, just like Odessa herself.
- Darwin family 21 Gull Cross
The Darwins are a scientifically inclined couple who are passionate about fish and fishing. Lewis and Preethi have a garden and a small pond they love spending time on.
- Fleet family 38 Old Fisherman's Pass
Fiona keeps a well-appointed house with a modern style. She used to be a very successful business woman in the big city, but she retired early and is living a modest life training as an amateur triathelete.
- GilsCarbo family 47 Old Fisherman's Pass
Alice and Celeste GilsCarbo are a hard-working single mother and young daughter who are trying to carve out a new life in an old town.
- Goldbeard family 438 Tidal Terrace
Not only are The Goldbeards the wealthiest family for nautical miles, they are also the most socially and politically connected. Most people overlook how they built their family wealth.
- Inkbeard family 46 Old Fisherman's Pass
The Inkbeard family name seems to be a reference to an ancestral epic sea victory over a Giant Squid. There are rumors of fabulous wealth plundered and then lost, which makes this family suspicious of everyone.
- La Mer household 1 Porthilly View
Dude LaMer is a single surfer bum who is somewhat directionless. He has a lot of friends, but he can't get a second date because girls get tired of talking about the beach.
- Lai family 31 Old Fisherman's Pass
The Lai family has been fishing for as far back as anyone can imagine, and some of their ancestors even have portraits up in City Hall. Of course why they are brandishing cutlasses no historian has quite figured out.
- Malifa family 16 Buccaneer's Bend
Filled with all of Buzz's knick knacks and clutter, this household is a clash of tastes and styles. The personalities in this house also tend to collide, but this family has learned to make it work.
- McKellar family 28 Briny's Deep
Willy the ex-lightkeeper has a house in the most remote part of Barnacle Bay. He is rarely seen in town.
- Murphy family 65 Driftwood Drive
You might hear a bit of a Southern accent sneaking in Georgia's voice when she invites you over for a glass of sweet tea, if she has any. From her upbringing, she will always offer her guests Southern hospitality.
- Noon family 12 Porthilly View
Filled with plants, flower, light, and art Jasmine's life is dedicated to all things beautiful. Jasmine is far from home but she was drawn to the mist, the coastline, and the mystery of Barnacle Bay.
- Parrrrrrrty household 33 Old Fisherman's Pass
Three rowdy singles enjoy being on their own for the first time. They love hosting parties and being best friends, even when the occasional drama ensues.
'1725 New Barnacle Blvd.
Moe must prove himself to be lord and master of the ocean and catch the biggest and baddest fish out there. He has no time for decorating - he has fish to catch!
- Piece family 1675 New Barnacle Blvd.
This is a classic bachelor pad. To upgrade this house one would have to torch the furniture first.
- Quill family 11 Porthilly View
Thomas Quill is the unofficial town historian and also the volunteer librarian. He is incredibly knowledgeable about all things nautical and his house could be considered a mini-museum in its own right.
- Radan household 43 Rock Pool Park
These two bachelors are vacationing in Barnacle Bay, taking a break from the stress of daily life. Is there a chance this could be a permanent stay?
- Rao family 51 Rock Pool Park
The Rao's are in the beginning stages of starting a family, and this modest house is the perfect size for mom, dad, and baby. Hopefully it isn't twins!
- Rome family 18 Wanderer's Way
Rose is somewhat of a gypsy in how she dresses and acts. Her small cottage is crammed with all kinds of odd knick knacks, some of which she claims she "found" on the beach.
- Seabottom family 1439 New Barnacle Blvd.
This house seems barely lived in and was built more for privacy and secrecy than for comfort or style. One could even call it a mini-fortress.
- Shore family 1445 New Barnacle Blvd.
Bunny's house is full of all things related to sun-worship. Large windows, bright colors, and lots of romance novels fill this house.
- Smith family 14 Buccaneer's Bend
This prim and proper household is the a prime example of middle class perfection. However there is a mirror in nearly every room so that Jeff can practice his charisma skills.
- Soto family 1443 New Barnacle Blvd.
This elderly couple has been in Barnacle Bay for decades, and they have the souvenirs to prove it. This just might be the cutest couple on the island.
- Trebo family 45 Rock Pool Park
The Trebo house is almost a museum in its own right and is a veritable showcase for all of Alec's past exploits and treasure collecting.
- Verona family 29 Coral Flats
This is one luxe modern household for such a small town. Juliet has made sure each piece of decor (and there is a lot of it) is in the perfect spot.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
- Georgia Murphy
- Ira Singh
- Sergio Diaz
- Cat Mercouri
- AJ Yamamoto
- Doreen Slate
- Evie Edhi
- Luis Zubiri
- Todd Green
- Arianna Smits
- Jasmeen Hassen
- Captain Roberts
- Roni Pepper (Pizza Deliverer)
- Padma Reddy (Pizza Deliverer)
- Brian Adoyo (Science Geek)
- Sonya Palas (Science Geek)
- Spot Dalmatia (Firefighter)
- Lillie Campbell (Firefighter)
- Kris Single (Social Worker)
- Arun Guan (Social Worker)
- Leilani Oana (Social Worker)
- Isis Nasser (Social Worker)
- Yuna Niu (Paper Deliverer)
- Elan Daly (Paper Deliverer)
- Simon Swift (Maid)
- Torri Keane (Maid)
- Maya Goodie (Repo-man)
- Hector Fujimori (Repo-man)
- Paula Penn (Mail Carrier)
- Pedro Ximenez (Mail Carrier)
- Sophie Tang (Babysitter)
- Charlie Kidd (Babysitter)
- Gwennie Peach (Repairman)
- Mario DaCosta (Repairman)
- Robi Baron (Burglar)
- Bea Mine (Burglar)
- Chase Cruz (Police Officer)
- Tina Touch (Police Officer)
- Wren Rome
- Penny Annon
- Val McKellar
- Jin Lai
- Ophelia Piece
- Darla Inkbeard
- Vera Inkbeard
- Squidy Inkbeard
- Minty Goldbeard
- Marabel Goldbeard
- Barnacle Bill
- Ginger Lai
- Bones Crossbones
- Jeff Hickman
- Milo Beardless
- Cathy Chaterly
- Reed Wright
- Victoria Skullfinder
- Davey Moans
- Mort Gauge
<videogallery> Video:The Sims 3 Barnacle Bay - Exclusive|The Sims 3 Barnacle Bay - Exclusive Video:Barnacle Bay Presentation (The Sims 3 Store Content)|another preview of Barnacle Bay and confirmation of Caliente sisters. Video:A New World Awaits -- Escape to Barnacle Bay today!|Barnacle Bay preview </videogallery>
- A French gaming site reported that it would cost 600 SimPoints (roughly €6) and a Q&A interview on IGN reported that it was 1650, though that information was later removed from the article. An EA technical support representative mentioned 1650 as well, but stated that it was not certain, as shown in the image on the right.
- In an IGN interview with EA they refer to Barnacle Bay as an "expansion", though this term is incorrect as it is merely a downloadable neighborhood similar to Riverview
- Like Twinbrook, all deceased Sims have grey hair and green skin.
- On January, the 1st of 2011, the Daily deal from the Sims 3 Store concerned Barnacle Bay, which cost 1111 SimPoints.
- Oddly there are 2 repairwomen and 2 elderly social workers, and many more NPCs with different life stages from another games.
- The neighbourhood's name may be a reference or parody to the character Barnacle Boy from the SpongeBob SquarePants series. It may also be a direct reference to an island, with the same name, on The Simpsons series featured on episode 10 of the 18th season "The Wife Aquatic".
- With Late Night installed there is a glitch that starts every sim in town off with Celebrity status (Levels 1-4)
- Barnacle bay was also released in stores, costing 14$. The box contains a piece of paper with a code that players can use to buy it from The Sims 3 Store.
- The Sims Hub - New World Coming to The Sims 3
- SimPrograms confirmation of Barnacle Bay's release and price.
- IGN - Arrrgh! The Sims 3 Gets Pirate-y
- Joystiq - The Sims 3: Barnacle Bay expansion coming this fall
- Tweet Photo: Grab a bite at Hogan’s Deep Sea Diner only at Barnacle Bay! Visit this island this fall exclusively at... http://tumblr.com/xsrh94gjt
- TheSims3 - Barnacle Bay
- Zonejeu French (English translation)