Angry is an emotion available in The Sims 4. It occurs when a Sim experiences negative interactions with other Sims. This emotion can evolve into very angry and then enraged. Sims that are enraged for too long will die from anger (a cardiac explosion). Being mean makes other Sims angry. It entertains when child and teens are coming back from school. Seeing their spouse flirting with another can also make a Sim angry.
Interactions and Activities Edit
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions and do these activities while angry.
- Chew Out
- Insult Face
- Denounce Friendship
- Rave and Vent
- Shout forbidden words[TS4:PH]
- Belittle Anger (Child and Teens Only)
- Frenzied Kiss (like Passionate Kiss)
- Sarcastic Compliment
- Attempt To Flirt
- Belittle Anger
- Angry painting (easel)
- Rage-Fueled Run (treadmill)
- Angry Poop!
- Enraged Reps (workout machine)
- Angry Flaming Spaghetti
- Kick down a trash can
- Scribble Furiously (Private Journal - Children and Teens only)[TS4:PH]
- Ask Sim For Food And Drink (toddlers only)
- Blow Off Some Steam (punching bag)
While angry, the following Whims may appear:
- Insult someone's Face (25 SP)
- Get into a Fight (50 SP)
- Take a Cold Shower (25 SP)
- Provoke Someone (25 SP)
- Try to Calm Self Down in the Mirror (25 SP)
- Use Punching Bag (25 SP)
- Do a Rage Run Workout (25 SP)
- Throw a Tantrum (Toddlers, Children and Teens only; although Toddlers with the Fussy trait are able to use this Whim at anytime)
- Kick down a trash can
- Stomp in a Trash Pile
- Stomp in a Puddle
- Smash a Dollhouse (Toddlers and Children only than angry sims in the Hot-Headed trait)
Interactions on angry Sims Edit
Sims will only have a chance to use these interactions with an angry Sim.
- Try to calm down
- Discuss angry Mood
Supportive Traits and Events Edit
These traits affect how often a Sim is angry.
- Sims who Hate Children will become angry if they are forced to interact with them, or are near children
- Evil Sims will become angry when interacting with Good Sims
- Good Sims will become angry when grounded
- Hot Headed Sims can Rile up other Sims which will make them angry
- Hot Headed Sims get angry when they get targeted with mischief
- Fussy (for toddlers only)
- Lazy Sims get angry if another Sim wakes them up
These events that can make a Sim angry:
- An aggravated conversation with another Sim
- Being cheated on by a spouse/romantic partner
- The cowplant can give the Sim a drink that causes anger
- Viewing an angry painting
- Romance Festival (third time the Sim is being showered in petals)[TS4:CL]
- Losing a basketball game (Gloomy Sims become sad instead)
- Mean Vibes
- Voodoo Dolls in Pain
- Noisy neighbours [TS4:CL]
- Undesirable chance card outcomes at school or work
- Demotion or near-demotion resulting from a deadly wishing well outcome[TS4:RGS]
- Losing at a darts game
- Smashed Dollhouse (that makes Toddlers, Children, and Sims with the Childish trait cry)
- Getting grounded (Good Sims only. Others become tense.)[TS4:PH]
- Getting too many gutter balls in bowling
- Getting kicked out of a club (this happens to teens, adults and elders.)[TS4:GT]
- Witnessing a kid in the household win a fight. (this happens when a parent is standing too close to the fight)
- Losing at a horseshoe tossing game
- Losing at an argument
- Destroyed school project (this randomly happens when a Sim sees the destroyed project while in a bad mood)[TS4:PH]
- Both sides losing at an argument
- Hot-Headed Sims rile up other Sims.
- When living on a lot with the Cursed lot trait
- Chewed Cables in the Spaceship
- Catching another Sim snoop through private journal[TS4:PH]
- Mood Swing (Teens only and Sims who have uncontrolled emotions)[TS4:PH]
- Declaring A New Enemy (Evil Sims usually get the happy emotion instead of angry)
- Getting water splashed on by a pet[TS4:C&D]
Object Auras Edit
Painters can draw angry Paintings that have an angry Aura, which varies depending on the Painting skill of the Sim who painted it.
Careers and Jobs Edit
No jobs or careers will gain work performance if a Sim goes to work while angry.
Toddler needs and Anger Edit
One noticeable thing about toddlers (added on 12 January 2017) is that they tend to become more angry than sad or uncomfortable when their basic motives are not being met. Unless the toddler has the Clingy or Angelic trait, a low (orange or red) hunger, energy, or occasionally fun or social motive will trigger an angry emotion over them. Toddlers who become ravenous (red hunger bar) will turn 'very angry' and the household has 18 consecutive hours (not including sleep time) to feed them otherwise they will be whisked away to safety. They can also become angry if they spend too much time doing certain activities. Toddlers in the Charmer, Fussy, Independent, Inquisitive, Silly, and Wild traits get angry when needs are low. They can also get an enraged moodlet.
Toddlers who age up whilst angry will carry their anger and the moodlet(s) that triggered it over to the first few moments of their childhood life stage.
- When the game first came out, Very Angry was called "Furious".