The Sims 3 and The Sims 4. Ambrosia is able to reverse aging in living Sims, and is able to bring ghost Sims back to life. Ambrosia is among the most difficult meals to prepare due to the rarity of its ingredients, the high skills necessary to obtain the ingredients and cook the meal, and the cost of purchasing the recipe book, although this price is reasonable with a high paying job.
The Sims 3 Edit
Effects on normal Sims Edit
When eaten, there will be a large, impressive looking explosion of energy around the Sim, triggering three effects:
- Restores the hunger motive to full;
- Bestows the Divine Meal moodlet on the Sim, boosting their mood by 75 for an entire week;
- Resets the Sim's age to the start of that life stage - for example, if a Sim is 25 days into the young adult stage, they will be reset to 0.
- Notes on how ambrosia works
- If ambrosia is used to reset a Sim's age (instead of reviving a ghost) it will always reset the age to the set number days left for the life cycle. For example, if an adult eats an ambrosia they will have 26 days left. If they then eat a life fruit to have 27 days left, then eats another ambrosia the same day, the days left will revert to 26 days as if they had never eaten the life fruit.
- The Sim's age reset is currently slightly bugged - if a Sim eats the Ambrosia at the day of the Sim's birthday, it will reset the age bar, but the Sim will age up later that day. It can be avoided by eating a life fruit after the ambrosia. Ambrosia also does not make a vegetarian sim nauseous after eating it even though it contains fish.
Effects on ghosts Edit
Ambrosia also has a more well known effect that applies only to ghosts. When they eat it, it resurrects them, turning them back into a normal Sim at the age stage they were at the time of death. The Sim acquires the Divine Meal moodlet, floats in the air, and a note is given stating that the Sim has been "resurrected" as they return to their original coloring.[n 1]
A ghost's offspring can also be converted into normal Sims and will retain the float animation instead of walking but will lose the ability to walk through walls. Despite this, other Sims will no longer react to them as if they were ghosts(e.g. in disgust, fear, excitement). Sims not born as ghosts will not retain the floating animation after being resurrected.
Cooking requirements Edit
All of the ingredients for ambrosia are unobtainable from stores (without mods), so these skills are required to make this food. However, one Sim does not need to have all these skills, and Plumbots can possess all the required skills with a single trait chip. Multiple Sims can be used to obtain ingredients.
However, buyers of the Al Fresco Market with the Humble Harvest Stand from The Sims 3 Store can occasionally buy Life Fruit from the stands, so the Gardening skill may or may not be required.
- Items and ingredients
- Skills[n 2]
- Cooking (level 10)
- Fishing (level 5 with angelfish bait/level 10 without)
- Gardening (level 7/not required when bought the Al Fresco market, buy from there)
First, actually cooking the dish requires level 10 Cooking skill, and the recipe book required to learn it is expensive (§12,000).
Second, the first component, deathfish, needs level 10 fishing skill to catch. These fish can only be caught from Graveyard between midnight and 5AM, or all day long in a deathfish stocked pond, with angelfish bait.[n 3] If the Sim is an angler, bait isn't needed nor do they have the time constraint to catch fish. Players can also catch 10 deathfish and "stock" a pond at home with them for all day access.
If the Sim has read a book that reveals the bait from the deathfish, then the Sim is able to catch the fish at level 5 fishing skill and above (though the book is readable at level 7 and above).
Finally, the Ambrosia recipe requires life fruit, which is only growable from Life Seeds, which are only plantable at level 7 gardening. The seeds can be found randomly scattered about town labeled as "Unknown Special Seeds", especially around or in the graveyard, after reaching stage 7 of the science career (the life fruit will show up in a Sim's inventory after a while) or as a reward from an opportunity from the EverFresh Delights Supermarket. These can also be picked in the tomb of the sky in Al Simhara, with World Adventures. However, the level 7 gardening is not compulsory as the Fruit Stand also sells life fruits and as rabbit holes such as time machines can give Sims a random object, which includes Life Fruit. Players also can buy a life plant if using "testingcheatenabled" and "buydebug" cheat.
Sims can prepare the meal any time of day, and Sims will eat it autonomously.
Ambrosia is different from other dishes in a number of ways. After cooking it, if your Sim leaves it sitting around the lot, it will not spoil, but remain at Perfect quality. This could be simply a glitch.
Ambrosia cannot normally be duplicated in a Food Replicator; a glitch in the game allows the player to store ambrosia in the Food Replicator if cooking it has started and then canceled when its model changes to a bowl. The food replicator will then give finished Ambrosia dishes, however they will always be a "Normal" quality due to the meal never actually being finished. To get around this, have a Sim with the Natural Cook trait "Kick It Up a Notch", which will bring the replicated Ambrosia to "Perfect" quality again. Storing it in a refrigerator will "divide" the dish into numerous servings until it spoils.
The Sims 4 Edit
The effects of Ambrosia are the same in The Sims 4 as in The Sims 3; however it is much harder to obtain, requiring a Death Flower (which requires grafting various plants), an Angelfish, and a Potion of Youth as well as Level 10 in both the Cooking and Gourmet Cooking skills. Thus, it may not be worth using it to make a living Sim younger, since that can be accomplished using the Potion of Youth. Its best use is for resurrecting deceased Sims.
Cooking requirements Edit
- Death flower (Graft Pomegranate and Orchid to get the death flower)
- Angelfish (Found in the Willow Creek river near a boat)
- Potion of Youth (Purchase from Rewards Store)
- Level 10 in Cooking and Gourmet Cooking skills.
Once the Sim has obtained all the ingredients, they can make Ambrosia from the fridge by selecting Gourmet Cooking. When a ghost eats Ambrosia, they rise up into the air and return to their normal coloring like in The Sims 3.
The ingredients for ambrosia can also be bought in the debug section by using the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects.
With the Realm of Magic game pack, it is possible to purchase both angelfish and death flowers from the alchemy stall in The Magic Realm. Also, Spellcasters who know the "Copypasto" spell are able to clone finished Ambrosia dishes.
- This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
- Ambrosia is the food of the gods in Greek mythology. It was said to bestow immortality upon anyone who consumed it.
- In The Sims 3, normal Sims will eat Ambrosia autonomously. In The Sims 4 starting with November 25, 2014 patch, Sims will no longer eat Ambrosia autonomously.
- Ambrosia and the Baked Angel Food Cake are the only foods in The Sims 3 that require Sims to have the ingredients to prepare it because the ingredients can't be purchased from the refrigerator. This is further widened by Frog Legs from The Sims 3 World Adventures.
- With the addition of potions in Generations, if one is desiring only to extend a Sim's lifespan they might consider instead creating the Young Again Potion, which only requires mastering the logic skill and a payment of §5000, arguably much easier to achieve than the multiple skills and ingredients needed for Ambrosia.
- ↑ The Oh My Ghost! opportunity is required to turn ghosts into playable Sims so that they can be commanded to consume it. NPC ghosts will never eat Ambrosia autonomously in all lot types. This ensures that the Sim will not be homeless upon resurrection.
- ↑ The skill levels listed are those that are required to actually cook ambrosia. Growing a life fruit require level 7 Gardening, nonetheless.
- ↑ Angelfish can be caught at the pool with the waterfall using the regular lure or alley catfish as bait. This can be found out in-game by using an angelfish until catching the deathfish or by reading the level 7 fishing book "Fishing for the Dead: Deathfish and Vampire fish on the Line" that can be bought for §12,000 at Divisadero Bookshop.