|Game||The Sims: Hot Date|
|Parents||Simon Crumplebottom, Prudence Crumplebottom|
|Game||The Sims 2|
|Cause of death||Old Age|
|Agnes Crumplebottom hadn't even changed her last name into her husband's when an unfortunate accident on her honeymoon ended their marriage. Between her growing bitterness and her husband's ghost scaring away gentleman callers, only the bravest Sim would ever try to win her heart and fortune now.|
|Education and employment|
|Parents||Simon Crumplebottom, Prudence Crumplebottom|
|Lifetime wish||Illustrious Author|
|Game||The Sims 3|
|Education and employment|
|Career||Garden Shop Owner|
|Romances||Robert Crumplebottom , Erik Darling|
|Game||The Sims 4: Cottage Living|
Agnes Crumplebottom (also known as Miss Crumplebottom[TS]) is a pre-created Sim. She resided, during her lifetime, in Pleasantview, one of the neighborhoods that ships with the games. She is the daughter of Simon and Prudence Crumplebottom, both of Pleasantview; she has an older sister, Cornelia Goth, and Mortimer Goth is her nephew. She is the widow of Erik Darling.
Life leading up to The Sims 3
The young and unfortunate Agnes makes an appearance in The Sims 3. She lives in Sunset Valley in a very modern house. Her young husband, Erik Darling, is deceased. Agnes bears some resemblance to a World War II widow: her blonde hair is cut into Bettie Bangs, and her outfit, a short trench dress and Oxford shoes that sport stiletto heels, matches the Western fashion trends of the 1940s.
She is good friends with her sister, Cornelia Goth, despite the fact that she barely knows Cornelia's husband Gunther or son Mortimer. She is much younger than her sister, as they have a difference of 20 days. Cornelia is an adult nearing an elderhood, and Agnes is a young adult nearing adulthood.
Agnes's bio states that she married Erik, but didn't take his last name because he drowned on their honeymoon. His death left her bitter and lonely, though some players like to resurrect Erik with ambrosia or the "Oh My Ghost" opportunity. And since his ghost haunts their house, he scares away any possible suitors for Agnes. There is a partially-finished nursery in her house which includes a crib, a teddy bear and a giraffe picture, possibly indicating that she and Erik were planning to have a baby.
She starts off with notable skill levels of 6 in cooking, and she is close to mastering her painting skill, having 8 points in it. In her inventory, she carries the novel Special Snowflake. She will often have the wish to join the Medical career, because of her bookworm trait. When Sunset Valley is first played, Agnes is 6 days from being an adult.
Life leading up to The Sims
It has been revealed that she is the "Miss Crumplebottom" in The Sims: Hot Date, and although many players think so, she is not the Mrs. CrumpleBottom in The Sims 2: Nightlife. Her facial features are alike, such as the crooked nose, the eyes, and the lips.
By this time in her life, Agnes's emotional pain from her husband's death has caught up to her, and she had transformed into the dreaded Miss Crumplebottom. Because of her distaste for romance, she has become a very old-fashioned, stern, and strict woman who appears to abide by a moral code from the Victorian Era. For example, she detests when two Sims have any romantic interactions in public. When she sees any of these actions taking place on a community lot, she will promptly scold the Sims, smack them, or beat them with her purse.
Whenever Agnes enters a community lot, she doesn't just sit around waiting to smack someone. Agnes usually plays chess, but if someone joins her she will, sometimes, leave. Other activities includes dancing on the dance floor, ordering ice cream, nagging people, looking around the room, resting her head on a recliner, and playing the piano. If The Sims: Unleashed is installed, Agnes will usually interact with the non-playable animals, such as iguanas and birds.
As an NPC, she is very glitchy. Contradicting her hatred of romance, she is sometimes a date to other neighborhood Sims and townies. She also washes her hands unusually, due to the fact that she always holds her purse. Like other NPCs from Hot Date, she has a different skin when she is nude. Agnes looks like a fit medium-skinned male when she is nude.
She wears a long, straight dress with a button-up overcoat, along with tight shoes, pearl earrings, a pearl necklace, a pillbox-hat with a small flower-patterned pin, a tight bun, and her large, dark purse. Her dress is gray (unlike Mrs. CrumpleBottom's dress, which is tan/cream). Her hair is gray and is always tied in a very tight bun.
The Official Prima Strategy Guide states that Miss Crumplebottom was the widow of famed philanthropist and puppeteer Robert Crumplebottom:
"Old Mrs. Crumplebottom is the widow of famed philanthropist and puppeteer Robert Crumplebottom. She spends her twilight years roaming the streets and shops of downtown, complaining about newfangled ways and loudly protesting the conduct of the latest generation of Sims. Nothing gets her goat faster than a public display of affection, her radar spots a kiss a mile away. If your Sims are getting fresh anywhere near the Old Prude, expect a thrashing from her purse in short order!"
It appears Robert was indeed Agnes' next husband, even though Erik's ghost was scaring away her potential new partners in The Sims 3, but the new relationship also ended in an unfortunate accident when the chandelier dropped and landed on Robert, according to the description for the "Crumplebottom Chandelier" from The Sims: Vacation. Due to this, the death of not only one, but two husbands could lead to the transformation of Agnes into Miss Crumplebottom. Contrary to how she planned to take Erik's surname after marrying him, it was Robert who took her surname as it was revealed in later games she's a descendant from the Crumplebottom family.
Life leading up to The Sims 2
Agnes is deceased in The Sims 2 and buried in the Goth graveyard. At the time of her death, she dressed in a more relaxed manner, coincidentally wearing the same dress her sister Cornelia did. Although it would appear that the old prude's reign of terror finally ended when she was laid to rest, the position was picked up by Mrs. CrumpleBottom, a distant relative, who dresses and carries herself near identically to how Agnes did as "Miss Crumplebottom".
She bears a small resemblance to Veronaville's Julia Pantalone, as she has the same unused hairstyle and the same black widow dress as her. According to SimPE her hair was black before it turned gray, meaning that she may have dyed her hair blonde in The Sims 3. According to her age data, Agnes had 14 days left in the elder life stage when she died.
Strangely, if Agnes is extracted with SimPE to Body Shop and the player switches her gender to male using Body Shop or Create a Sim, she will have a moustache, implying that she was created in Create a Sim, and that her gender was switched to male at some point before her creation was confirmed. This is also the case of Gretle Goth.
Life leading up to The Sims 4
Agnes returns in The Sims 4: Cottage Living expansion pack. She resides in the world of Henford-on-Bagley, where she and her cousin Agatha Crumplebottom own a small garden produce stall in the village. At the start of a new save, Sara and Simon Scott, two Henford-on-Bagley residents, have sentiments about her.
Agnes' default emotion is angry instead of fine. Like in The Sims: Hot Date, whenever Sims act romantically near her or towards her, she beats them with her purse. She can often be seen cross-stitching when she's not running the garden shop.
If the player's Sim has a good relationship with Agnes and they do a "Henford Heart to Heart" with her, she might reveal that she's related to the Goth family, as well as talk about her past relationships with Robert Crumplebottom and Erik Darling.
- The Sims 3
- The Sims 4: Cottage Living
- The Sims 3
|Cornelia Goth||Sister, Good Friends|
|Gunther Goth||Brother-in-Law, Acquaintances|
|Mortimer Goth||Nephew, Acquaintances|
- The Sims 4: Cottage Living
- The Sims 2
The Sims: Hot Date
- Disgusting! NEVER have I witnessed such a tasteless flouting of proper manners in all my days! As the young folks say, get a room!
- How dare you! This is a public area! Have you no sense of decency? We have standards in this town you know!
- The NERVE of some people! Public displays of affection in MY town? Not on my watch! Behave yourself!
- WHAT IS THIS!? Did you not know how they behaved in my time of the 1920's!? With DECENCY which you people have no knowledge of. My word...
The Sims 4: Cottage Living
- Are you trying to get fresh with me, young man/lady? Take that cheek somewhere else!
- I have let certain men into my life in the past - Robert, Erik - but nothing good came of it. I spend my time with Agatha and my plants nowadays and that's enough for me.
- Oh my dear, have you been getting into that biscuit jar again? You know those will go straight to your hips.
- The NERVE of some people! Public displays of affection in MY town is not something I tolerate. You'd best behave yourself around here if you don't want to get on my bad side!
- Well, since I don't absolutely despise you, I'll let you in on a secret... I'm not actually from Finchwick. Have you ever heard of the Goths?
- You want to hear a real secret? I find you distasteful! Ha.
- Agnes Crumplebottom, along with Mortimer Goth, Bella Goth, Bob Newbie, Betty Newbie, Daniel Pleasant and the Grim Reaper are the only pre-made characters to appear in all four of the main series games.
- She is also one of the only two pre-made characters who was an NPC in at least one or more games to appear in all four games of the main series along with the Grim Reaper, as well as one of only four NPCs along with the Grim Reaper, Bonehilda, and the Tragic Clown from The Sims and its expansion packs to make an appearance in any of the sequels to The Sims.
- Like many Sims, including her sister and brother-in-law, her eye color was changed between The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.
- In The Sims 2, while Agnes does not have a deformed facial structure when resurrected, she does have one as a ghost.
- The version of Agnes Crumplebottom in The Sims 3 bears a striking resemblance to the actress Barbara Stanwyck in the movie Double Indemnity.
- When starting a game, Agnes will be sad if she has no moodlets, due to her grumpy trait. This may be interpreted as her husband's death still being fresh in her mind.
- In Barnacle Bay, there is a Sim who parodies her, named Agnes Seabottom. They share the loner trait, a preference for classical music, and some of their appearances.
- In one of the teaser trailers for The Sims 4: Get Together, Agnes Crumplebottom's name is shown indicating that she "liked" the video, albeit her first name is misspelt as "Agnus".
|Language||The Sims: Hot Date||The Sims 2||The Sims 3||The Sims 4: Cottage Living|
|English||Miss Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Dona Gertrudes||Agnes Rugabaixa||Agnes Rugabaixa||Agnes Rugabaixa|
|Chinese (Simplified)||艾格尼丝 克朗伯波顿|
|Chinese (Traditional)||坎布巴頓小姐||艾格妮絲 羅波巴騰||安妮絲 克蘭普巴頓||艾葛妮絲 克蘭普巴頓|
|Czech||Paní Muchlzadková||Agnes Muchlzadková||Agnes Muchlzadková|
|Danish||Agnete Rynkebund||Agnete Rynkebund|
|Dutch||Mevrouw Rimpelbil||Agnes Rimpelbil||Agnes Rimpelbil||Agnes Rimpelbil|
|European Portuguese||Natércia Fundoraso||Natércia Fundoraso|
|Finnish||Rouva Kurjenkaula||Elviira Kurjenkaula||Elviira Kurjenkaula|
|French||Mlle Ladentelle||Agnès Grodargeot||Agnès Ladentelle||Agnès Ladentelle|
|German||Miss Knautschgesicht||Agnes Knautschgesicht||Agnes Knautschgesicht||Agnes Knautschgesicht|
|Greek||Miss Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom||Agnes Crumplebottom|
|Hebrew||גברת קרומפלבוטום||אגנס קרומפלבוטום||אגנס קרומפלבוטום|
|Italian||La signora Geltrude||Agnese Crumplebottom||Agnese Crumplebottom|
|Korean||아그네스 크럼플보텀||아그네스 크럼플보텀|
|Norwegian||Frk. Gråh||Agnes Rynkestjert||Agnes Rynkestjert|
|Polish||Panna Stanisława||Agnieszka Zadek||Agnieszka Zadek||Agnieszka Zadecka|
|Spanish||Señorita Traseroajado||Agnes Culoprieto||Agnes Culoprieto||Agnes Culoprieto|
|Swedish||Fröken Rynkbak||Agnes Rynkbak||Agnes Rynkbak|
|Thai||มิสซิสครัมเพิ้ลบัตท่อน||แอกเนส ครัมเปิ้ลบอตท่อน||แอกเนส ครัมเปิ้ลบอตท่อน|
|The Crumplebottom Family|
|Simon - Prudence - Cornelia - Agnes - Erik Darling - Beatrice - Belinda - Bianca|
|Robert - Mrs. CrumpleBottom - Elmira Clamp - Ian Arneson - Agatha|