|IRC Channel Operators|
|Rollback||Open to requests.|
Requests for rollback is the venue where users can file requests for access to the rollback user group. Users who are rollbacks have access to a tool called "rollback", which allows them to quickly revert vandalism and other non-constructive edits from pages in one click. Rollbacks also have the ability to mark edits as patrolled using the recent changes patrol extension. There is no maximum number of rollback users, so if you would like to obtain rollback rights, please do not hesitate to make a request.
Users applying for or being nominated for rollback rights should be active or semi-active members of the wiki. Rollback candidates should have a strong history of positive contributions to the wiki, with an emphasis on the quality of those edits over the quantity of edits made. Candidates should have no recent history of blocks or negative contributions to the wiki.
1. Add your name, or the name of the user you are nominating, as a subheading under the section "Current Requests" and give a concise explanation (no more than several lines) as to why you or the nominee should receive rollback rights. Please sign your posts.
- If a user is nominated by another user, the nominee must respond on this page and accept the nomination before the request can be considered. Nominees should reply to nominations within two weeks; nominations older than two weeks may be dismissed if the nominee does not respond.
2. After a request is made or a nomination is accepted by the nominee, an administrator or bureaucrat will need to support the request, and a second member of the administrative team must concur with the first in favor of promotion. If two members of the administrative team agree that an applicant or nominee is not suitable, the nomination/request is closed and the applicant/nominee is not given rollback rights. If two members of the administrative team disagree on whether an applicant or nominee is suitable, step 4 of these procedures is followed.
- If a user was nominated by an administrator or bureaucrat, that administrator/bureaucrat's nomination will not be treated as support or as concurrence under this section, and that administrator/bureaucrat may not offer support or concurrence in order to advance the request past this stage.
3. After two members of the administrative team concur in favor of a nominee, a 72-hour waiting period will begin. If, at the end of the waiting period, no users have dissented to the request/nomination, the request is closed and the applicant/nominee is given rollback rights.
4. If two administrators disagree about an applicant's suitability, or if any user dissents to the request/nomination during the waiting period, a full discussion in favor of or opposed to the nominee will begin, and will last at least five days from the time of the dissent. If no users dissent to the nomination within three days, the nomination will be approved. Discussions of this nature will follow the discussion guidelines for administratorship requests.
Current rollback request procedures were implemented on January 2, 2016, as a result of a community discussion.
I have been on The Sims Wiki for nearly six months now. I have 301 contributions at the moment that are mostly expanding of pages for Sims from The Sims Pet Stories. I haven't been blocked before here on this wiki. I would like to be considered for the rollback position due to the increase in vandal accounts and sockpuppets. I will be on mostly everyday if offered the rank.
It's my pleasure to nominate Vpetmad for rollback. Vpetmad has been a prolific editor and a helpful vandal fighter on the wiki, and they are mature, level-headed, and kind to other editors. Vpetmad: Please indicate below whether or not you accept or decline this nomination. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 00:27, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm very surprised and extremely flattered by this nomination and it would be my pleasure to accept it! Vpetmad (talk) 07:34, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
I have been contributing to this wiki for almost 7 years now and whilst I haven't contributed in really large amounts other users which have been here for less time have, I am certain that lots of my contributions were of good quality and helpful. I also have reverted edits in the past, which made me think about requesting rollback rights on this wiki, as a way to further enhance any reverting I might need to do in the future to improve this wiki. ― ℛ̰ᴏ͜ᴅ̡ʀ̦ɪ̱ɢ̠ᴏ̠ ✖ (talk⛧contribs) 15:54, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
- changes to rollback rights requests took effect over eights months ago. Since I'm not a bureaucrat, I can't directly approve this request, but even if I was a bureaucrat I still wouldn't be able to just go ahead and approve your nomination, not under the new policies of how rollback requests are handled. You definitely have proven to have a very good grasp of how the wiki works in all the years that you've been editing here. So I support this nomination. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 11:21, September 13, 2016 (UTC)
Under the procedure outlined for rollback requests, this now progresses to a 72-hour waiting period, ending at 13:29 September 16 (UTC) - Countdown: LiR talk · blog · contribs 15:00, September 13, 2016 (UTC). --
Granting rollback is a position of trust on The Sims Wiki, as while rollback is but a humble tool that basically does what every other editor can do, it is also a powerful tool that can really take a bite out of newbies if used improperly. Though Stella terrano is one of our shier users, their contributions to the wiki are undeniably helpful, and with recent vandalism levels on the rise (Still small potatoes compared to what I have to deal with on the English Wikipedia), Stella terrano has been duly reverting vandalism whenever they see it. While rollback is not a tool that helps with article development, I believe that Stella terrano will find it very useful when they need to revert vandalism. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 20:32, February 12, 2017 (UTC)
Not done Unfortunately, it would seem that the nominee hasn't responded to this request in over a month, so with regret I'll have to close this nomination. Stella terrano is welcome to nominate themselves again if they return to active editing. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 02:45, March 31, 2017 (UTC)
SimDestroyer is a fairly new and recent face around here, having joined the wiki in June of this year. In the six or so months they've been here, though, they've made over 2,000 edits, show a sense of maturity and trustworthiness, and have spent countless hours helping out with both gnomish and major edits to the wiki's articles. They have also been helping out with anti-vandalism whenever they get the chance. I believe SimDestroyer can be trusted with the rollback tool and will be able to use it effectively when fighting vandalism. --- —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 20:51, December 22, 2017 (UTC)
- Strong Support - If SimDestroyer accepts the nomination, then I strongly support it, since they have clearly proven themselves trustworthy of this privilege, and effective at counter vandalism. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 00:55, December 23, 2017 (UTC)
Nomination closed without prejudice due to lack of response from the nominee. Nominee can re-apply or be re-nominated at any point in the future. -- LiR talk · blog · contribs 19:49, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose You have been here for less than a month, have been blocked globally by Wikia/FANDOM for sockpuppetry, and your edits have been of low quality. The fact that you didn't file this request correctly further proves my point that you are not experienced enough for rollback (You used a level 2 header when requests should use level 3; if you don't know what I'm talking about, you're definitely not ready to be a rollback). In addition, you have mentioned vandal fighting in your nomination, however I see only one vandalism revert on your end. Therefore, for all the reasons above I am not able to support this request. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 13:22, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose K6ka pretty much hit all the points I'd want to make. Even if the global block was a misunderstanding, I'd still oppose your request. The bottom line for me is that you haven't been here long enough and you don't have very many edits under your belt. Rollback is a position of trust on The Sims Wiki and we don't know enough about you to put that amount of trust in you yet. - LiR talk · blog · contribs 19:49, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
Application closed due to opposition from two members of the administrative team (as per procedure #2 listed above). Applicant is free to re-apply or to be nominated in the future, but is advised to address the points raised by the objecting administrators before applying again. -- LiR talk · blog · contribs 19:49, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
Ok, I have been here for a month already and I have at least 680 edits right now. I know how important it is for my contributions to make this wiki better and I know my understanding for reverting edits. IsaiahScribblenauts Disscuss - My Fanon 02:30, May 14, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm going to go ahead and support this application. You are a bit on the new side for an editor, but you show good potential, and I'm almost always in support of editors spreading their wings and learning new skills and gaining new experience. You have a history of using the undo tool effectively, and you've shown some history of anti-vandalism action. Ultimately, I think this balances out your lack of experience in other places. -- LostInRiverview talk · blog · contribs 21:52, May 16, 2018 (UTC)
Rollback requests on The Sims Wiki are, in my opinion at least, a little more formal than the system on Wikipedia given how we have significantly fewer editors here (and significantly fewer incidents of vandalism) than on the English Wikipedia. That being said, rollback is not like granting adminship and it can easily be revoked in the event of abuse, as rollbackers cannot hide their edits from recent changes. Needless to say, rollback can still affect newer users if the tool is used inappropriately against them; as such, I generally expect to see some level of trust in users before I support a nomination for rollback here on The Sims Wiki. Personally, I prefer waiting at least six months for that to happen.
IsaiahScribblenauts is still very new here (only recently passed their two-month mark), and at least by my standards, still have somewhat of a novice understanding of wiki editing. That being said, they have picked up the ropes fairly quickly, and while they are not top-notch they have shown a willingness to learn and have gotten along well with other editors. They have helped with vandal fighting on the wiki and have done some work with content creation, particularly in our TS4 articles which are lacking and in need of attention. They aren't ready for content moderator—not by a long shot—but they show potential, and even if they do not get content moderatorship or adminship, they are still the type of editor that the community values—and so desperately needs.
With that being said, I am in Support of this request. The user has demonstrated sufficient trust for me to believe that they will not intentionally abuse the rollback tool, and I am confident that they will be open to suggestions and advice should they ever make a mistake. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 01:59, May 28, 2018 (UTC)
Oh wait, I didn't realize that the minimum two administrator requirement to approve this request had already been fulfilled. Well, make that three now. I've just gone ahead and Approved this request even though I had already commented on it because consensus clearly exists. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 02:50, May 28, 2018 (UTC)
I would like to nominate AireDaleDogz for rollback rights. They have been on the wiki for a few years now and have a long history of good edits. Most relevant to this discussion, however, is their strong record of anti-vandalism action. I think this user would benefit greatly by having access to the rollback tool, as would The Sims Wiki as a whole. -- LostInRiverview talk · blog · contribs 18:08, July 10, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm very flattered, thank you! I accept your nomination. ✨AireDaleDogz✨ (talk) 18:34, July 10, 2018 (UTC)
- Support - I haven't got much to say here, partly because I don't believe that I've had much contact with the candidate in question. But I haven't had to look very hard to know that this is a suitable candidate for rollback rights, which is why they have my support. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 12:51, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
Support I have seen this user pop up on recent changes a lot, and from what I can tell they're an active and productive editor, and have helped with some anti-vandalism work too. They can definitely be trusted with the rollback tool. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 18:44, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
Per the Rollback procedures, this nomination is open to feedback from the community. If no users dissent to the nomination within 72 hours, the nomination will be approved.
Nomination approved - no one objected to these rights being awarded, so the application has been approved and the rights will be awarded shortly. -- LostInRiverview talk · blog · contribs 01:27, July 15, 2018 (UTC)